Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Now here's a great PR exercise (not)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by hornet, Dec 20, 2008.

1. FWIW, at least the bikes won. :LOL:
  2. Will be interesting to see how these guys punishment will stack up compared to the 175km/h guy in Dubbo.

Whatever it is though, they are gonna need some vasoline.
  3. some people are suicidal
  4. Some people are just plain stupid.

Did he actually think he had a chance of winning? :LOL:
  5. They certainly are gonna need some good lawyers, will be interesting to see if the 220km/h odd top speed quote stays in court, i remember the physics homework thread a while ago and that speed was dropped as a estimate from the pursuing cops i seem to remember, either way they are extremely stupid and will pay a big price is my guess, is it also double demerits time of year? if yes they should get a licence back in time for the 2088 tricentennial oz day celebrations
  6. It's not Double-Ds till the 24th, but that wouldn't be a factor in this case, I'd guess. The 'hazard to other motorists' card is going to get a caning, however!
  7. I seem to remember a politicians son was caught a couple of years ago driving his BMW over 200kmh.
    went to caught and provided documents that prove that car was designed to drive SAFELY at those speeds.
    he was let of with a couple of hundred dollar fine and thats it.
    no loss of license.
    get the right lawyer and the porsche driver could follow the same path.
  8. In that case, are all speed limits unenforceable?

"Urban legend"???
  9. I believe it was actually John Singleton in 1997 getting pinged in his Bentley. Here is a reference to Pollies discussing it in Hansard: http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/Prod/Parlment/HansArt.nsf/V3Key/LC19970923013

And there is a brief reference to it in this article: http://www.businessday.com.au/news/...to-fall-in-love/2008/11/13/1226318913985.html
  10. These guys definatly did not have any brains or common sence,
    I drove that exact stretch yesterday on my way to Mackay, no joke between Ballina and Tweed heads I must have past or been past countless marked/unmarked and bike cops :shock:
  11. I wish it started then, should listen to the radio, Double Demerits started on the 19th December and ends January 4!!

And Yes these guys are stoo-pid.
  12. No the thing in the media is the holiday period increase in police presence (is it Operation Safe Arrival?) started on the 19th. The double demerits are from the 24th to the 4th.

Check it out here http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregulations/penalties/demeritpoints/index.html?hhid=ddemerits
  13. I know that stretch of road. Dead straight with good long distance vis. As long as there were no cars about I can think of worse places to do 220 indicated :p

But yes ballina --> tweed is infested with police at this time of year. ISTR being pinged for half my license in the Mini a few years ago just south of there :(
  14. Poor riders.

The Porsche driver is far more likely to be in the financial position to garner the best result in the courtroom.