Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Nov 8, 2015] The Brutale Maiden Voyage (Sydney, NSW)

Discussion in 'NSW' started by GeorgeO, Nov 2, 2015.

The Brutale Maiden Voyage
Start Date: Nov 8, 2015 08:00
End Date: Nov 8, 2015 13:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

Winsor to Grey Gum, a bit further and back

Sydney, NSW

Posted By: GeorgeO

Confirmed Attendees: 4
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 4
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":
  1. #1 GeorgeO, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    Hi there

This ride is also known as the "I hope my bike starts after I have stopped" ride.

We have LionzLionz to thank for the second interesting title. Those familiar with the MV Agusta sprag issue might get the reference.

Just a short ride to shake down the Brutale. I'm picking her up on Saturday.

Start at the McDonalds Windsor
    Travel to Grey Gum Cafe on Putty Road for some refreshments.
    Return to McDonalds Windsor

• Like Like x 1
  2. Keen as, however Ill have to try to twist your arm to head further up the Putty to take on 12 mile. Surely you cant resist those marvelously curvy roads on the maiden Brutale run?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. I'm a probable - LionzLionz want to join me for the ride from our area out to Windsor?
  4. I'm sure I can be convinced. What's your proposed route then? I need an early start and to be back around Windsor by latest 1pm
  5. I'm keen. 8:00 at Windsor means a very early start for me but that's ok.
    I agree with icemaker, you've got to do the Ten Mile, even thought it adds another 150kays to the trip...
    8:00 am at Wilberforce
    9:00 am at the Grey Gum
    9:30 leave the Grey Gum
    10:30 at the head of the Ten Mile
    11:30 passing Grey Gum on the way back
    12:30 at Wilberforce, and all at legal speeds...
  6. Congratulation on the mv! I cant make it will be coming back from my first snowys ride. Btw you got to do the 10mile if your going up there
  7. Now that sounds like a plan
  8. We're going to end up doing a loop, aren't we??
  9. Your not suggesting we continue on to Broke/Wollombi and come back to Windsor via Spencer/Wisemans Ferry are you? Ridiculous idea if you are! ;)
  10. Yep
  11. Well if George needs to cut back to Sydney to be back at 1:00, that doesn't mean everyone else has to as well, does it?.......
    • Like Like x 1
  12. In for a penny............in for a pound!
  13. Seriously though - I have no idea of tank range. We need to stop frequently anyway so I can admire her every so often.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. The million dollar question..........................But will she start again?? hehehe
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. My old Hornet had only a 16 litre tank, and I could fill up at Wilberforce and make it to the top of the Ten Mile and back to Wilberforce on a tank, even ridden briskly...
  16. Ever considered a career in comedy?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. One review mentioned a tank range of 208km for the Brute
  18. Can the mods add a 'smartarse' button below a post please. DisAgree or funny does not quite do it!
    • Funny Funny x 1