Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Nov 6, 2014] Snowy Mountains Weekend Run - L&P Welcome! (NSW)

Discussion in 'NSW' at netrider.net.au started by TWEET, Jul 28, 2014.

Snowy Mountains Weekend Run - L&P Welcome!
Start Date: Nov 6, 2014 08:00
End Date: Nov 9, 2014 08:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

NSW

Posted By: TWEET

Confirmed Attendees: 5
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 5
  1. #1 TWEET, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    EDIT: NOW FULL - No places remaining

Travelling from Sydney to Jindabyne and spending 2 days riding the glorious roads of the NSW and VIC snowy region. This is a must see area for any enthusiastic motorcyclist. Australias best roads, and wonderful scenery.

If you have wanted to see this area, but don't have anyone who has been there to guide you, this is your chance.

Day1;
    Sydney to Jindabyne via Braidwood, Cooma.

Day2;
    Jindabyne >Kosciousko National Park over Selwyn>Elliott Way to Tooma>Khancoban>Alpine Way to Murray 1 Power Station to see how the hydro works>Thredbo and back to Jindabyne.

Day3;
    The big one, we will ride one of the best motorcycling roads in Australia, the Bonang!
    Jindabyne out on the Snowy River Way towards Dalgety>Monaro Hwy to Bombala>Delegate rd to Delegate and then onto the legendary Bonang as we cross into Victoria for the magnificent run into Orbost.
    Return via the Princes Hwy to Cann River>Monaro Hwy to Cooma, then back to Jindabyne.

Day4;
    Jindabyne to Sydney at out leisure, but I prefer to leave relatively early to get home without wasting the whole day doing so.

If you are a noob, I will look after you, there is no need to fear being left behind or pressured to speed, ride dangerously.

I will arrange excellent accommodation in Jindabyne, very central to the service station and both pubs for meals etc.
    Cost is $40 per night, and expect to stay 3 night, Thurs-Sat. I will initially limit it to 6 people overall.

The ride routes can be changed to suit conditions and weather, so it is flexible, but priority will be given to the the Day 3 route.

If you want to secure a bed, you will need to pay your cash to me via Paypal or direct credit upfront. No payment = no spot, unless I know you personally. Payments are non-refundable, however you can sell your place to someone else if you can't make it after you have paid.

Why do I do it this way? Because it stops time wasters from putting their hands up and taking all the spots, only to pull out or not show at the last minute and others who would have gone then miss out.
    I have done it this way a number of times with great success, and if you don't think I can be trusted with your $$, check my posts and past ride threads.

You will need a reliable bike and a willingness to ride it.
    My Bird at 105km sign.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. This sounds amazing. Count me in please! PM me your details and I will get payment made asap TWEET. Cheers

3. Count me in also! - likewise above for the same info

4. Folks,

Just before I send everyone the payment details, I want to clarify that we all understand the ride dates. You may need to get the Thurs & Fri off work, Uni etc.

Leaving Sydney Thursday November 6th early morning, returning Sunday November 9th.

I'm off to work now, so once those who are interested have confirmed the dates, I will reply in the morning as its too hard from my phone, but see how I go.

5. Hmmm, Some of my favourite roads.
    And for people with 150cc bikes this will be well over 2000km including some decent mountain roads.

6. From memory, it will be about 2000km overall.
    As long as your bike can do your legal speed limit, you will be fine.

The route set out for Day 3 is the longest day at about 650km, but I'll confirm that in the morning.

If your ride a 2smoke, bring a 1L bottle of your favorite oil.

7. Is this a week after the snowy ride?

8. Snowy ride is 1st Nov.

9. Yes it is the week after the Snowy Ride and that's deliberate.

10. Might have to do both! I'll see if I can get more time off.

11. what about 125cc bikes? will they be okay? :)

12. If it can do the speed limit it will be fine. 2smoke sports type like RS125 will have no issues

13. No worries here re: dates TWEET

14. You have PM :)

15. 4 places remaining - Damedi, I have your deposit thanks mate :)

16. Tweet, PM me your account details and total amount, I will transfer the funds asap, as Damedi has so gracefully done. gee your such a top bloke Damedi! :)

Regards,

17. Will do in morning mate just on my phone.

18. making payment after 12 today.