Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Nov 4, 2014] Melbourne Cup Day Ride - South Gippsland (Rowville)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by doonx, Oct 31, 2014.

Melbourne Cup Day Ride - South Gippsland
Start Date: Nov 4, 2014 10:00
End Date: Nov 4, 2014 16:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

7 Eleven
Cnr Stud Rd and Wellington Rd
Rowville 3178

Posted By: doonx

Confirmed Attendees: 8
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 8
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":
  1. #1 doonx, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    Meet: 7 Eleven Cnr Stud Rd and Wellington Rd Rowville
    Time: 10:00am Meet
    Route: Somewhere through Sth Gippsland. I will post a propose route up over the weekend, but its completely open to change if people want to change (by popular vote I guess)
    Who: everyone, anyone, whoever wants to come along
    Forecast: as at 4:30pm 03/11 -
    Tuesday 4 November
    Mostly sunny morning. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the afternoon. Winds east to northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h shifting southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h in the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 5 and 9 with daytime temperatures reaching 21 to 27.

Fire Danger - Low-Moderate

UV Alert from 9:20 am to 4:40 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 9 [Very High]

Rowville to Trafalgar route: Rowville to Trafalgar

For those feeling up to it, we can then go from Trafalgar to Ferntree Gully via Blue Rock Lake. The road from Willow Grove to Noojee is deep in the forrest, and whilst sealed, can have debris on it, so may not be a quick rip. Here it is: Trafalgar to Ferntree Gully
  2. Hey Mods - I've never put a ride event via this method before. if there's anything wrong, you please let me know, or just go ahead and edit it

3. Perfect! :)
  4. is it a 9:00AM meet or 9:00AM depart :]
  5. If I grab a pie from the servo, will that make it a 9:00 meat? :wacky:
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. I'm a definite maybe - weathers looking sh!t hot on Tuesday too. 9:00am, Jeez that's early :meh:
  7. Everyone, shout out of you want a later meet time. I don't mind going a bit later at all
  8. A slightly later start sounds good to me. :)
  9. Definite maybe here.
    But thumbs up for a later start too. working till 4am night before... :/
  10. Any idea of how far/long you propose this to be? Myself and one other are interested in going.
  11. looking at Google Maps now. Thinking to go out through Harkaway to Berwick, then (unfortunately its a fairly straight run) down to Lang Lang. Would like to NOT go through Cranny, so maybe CLyde North - Cardinia - KooWeeRup - Lang Lang. From there wiggle our way on some country roads around to Poowong - Korumburra - Leongatha - Mirboo North. From there its usually Trafalgar.

Anyone can peel off anytime they've had enough. I'm not thinking this to be an overly formal instructed route, I just wanna have a ride. Check the OP for updates

I'll put a map up soon
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Changed meet time to 10:00am
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Man, except for KooWeeRup and Berwick, I've never even heard of most of those places. Definitely need to get out more that side of town (y)
  14. This route is sounds very good.
  15. #16 danny_tb, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    Is @The Toad@The Toad on line? I'm sure he'd have some good suggestions to make the straight bits more twisty.

I've just sent him a message on the phone, so with some luck he'll have a look here and join us tomorrow. (y)
  16. Sounds like fun!
  17. Map route now in the OP
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Two of us are in!
  19. Me too! :]