Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Nov 29, 2015] Crookwell - Oberon Loop (New south Wales)

Discussion in 'NSW' started by icemaker, Nov 18, 2015.

Crookwell - Oberon Loop
Start Date: Nov 29, 2015 08:00
End Date: Nov 29, 2015 20:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

New south Wales 2787

Posted By: icemaker

Confirmed Attendees: 1
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 1
  1. #1 icemaker, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    Been looking at doing this ride for a while now and having received a new sheepskin seat cover for my Viffer I thought what better way to test it out than punching out nearly 700 clicks!!

Plan on leaving from Fairy Meadow Maccas at around 8am and taking this route - https://goo.gl/maps/mKcQdYX7fj92 which includes the awesomeness of Macquarie Pass, Kangaroo Valley, Nerriga & Oallen Ford Rds, Tarago & Ambercombie Rds, Duckmaloi & Jenloan Caves Rd and Bell Line Of Road, so its going to be epic.

Considering the length of this ride and the many 100+ km/h roads this is best suited to rider level 3 & 4 as descibed here - https://netrider.net.au/threads/ride-level-ratings.159944/. Not saying I don't want P platers to come along but they would have to take certain risks to keep up and be capable and confident in riding this distance.

There are plenty of fuel stops on the way but most probably rest and refuel at Bomaderry, Goulburn, Oberon or Lithgow and lunch will probably end up being in Crookwell or Oberon depending on how were doing for time.

So whos keen?
  2. Well icemakericemaker , I did leave an unhappy emoji face as a reply, but it was apparently deleted by mods/'the system'.....

3. I know you would've been in, there will be a next time.
  4. Hmmmm, I gotta get me a sit up and beg bike :(
  5. Super keen but the wrong weekend for me I'm afraid.

Need to 'tourify' my Brutale as well beforehand - looking for a kriega us10 / 20 setup like you have icemakericemaker .
  6. Was up that way a couple of weeks ago from Young, through Crookwell, Jenolan Caves to Blackheath for the Boulevard bike rally, great roads and terrific scenery, was in a group so couldn't stop for photos
  7. Damn, wrong weekend for me. 20th Dec is probably the only time I could make it for this ride.
  8. Just sell one of your 7 or 8 supersports and get a sport tourer.........or steal your mates MT09 :sneaky:

Bummer boys, maybe we'll tee another one up early next year.

GeorgeOGeorgeO the Kreigas are great, I got them direct from their website Motorcycle Backpacks | Waistpacks | Hyrdation Backpacks | Onroad and Offroad Motorcycle Accessories. Ive had them for about 3 years and still in awesome nick and I use them alot.

Ive done the loop from Goulburn - Crookwell - Taralga and the scenery was what got me. Rolling hills and sweeping back country roads, magical combo.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. SMEG75SMEG75 and I are on child duty that weekend, otherwise would've come along. Please accept a sad emoticon face from us and have a fun ride! :( :(
  10. Sell???? Blasphemy.

I'll try the MT09 route ;)
  11. Capture.JPG
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hi folks,

Sounds a great ride, the only thing for me is that to get to and from Fairy Meadows adds 200kms and 2 to 3 hours riding as I would be crossing Sydney. Is there is anyway I can cut back on that time, eg by meeting you along the way? If so weather permitting then I am game, drop me a line.

NB/Saw the Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 at the bike show.....I think I am in love:happy::happy::happy:
  13. Hey mate, I was planning on doing their loop clockwise so head south through Kangaroo Valley in the morning and home via Bells line in the arvo. There should be no back tracking
  14. #14 hardyakka, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    That solves the ride across Sydney in the evening as I can hop onto the motorway at Windsor. Any chance of meeting up a bit closer to Sydney or on the route in the morning?

Let me know your thoughts and count me in weather permitting.

15. It is on route Steve, we'll be riding down the Hwy to Wollongong heading for Macquarie pass and the meet point is literally a couple of hundred metres from said Hwy.
    Google McDonald's, Princes Hwy Fairy Meadow. It's very easy to get to.
  16. Ok, count me in for Sunday, I will aim to be at Fairy Meadow maccas 15 to 20 minutes before 8 so I can get dosed up on caffeine. I will send you a pm with contact details.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Top man!! (y)
  18. Howdy Ilch. I will check whats happening, or not, and advise ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  19. I'm keen to join you guys if that's cool, just my sort of ride.
    Will be coming from the north side of Syd If anyone wants to meet up for the ride down.