Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Nov 16, 2013] Australian Motorcycle Expo (Darling Harbour)

Discussion in 'NSW' started by GJ384, Nov 13, 2013.

Australian Motorcycle Expo
Start Date: Nov 16, 2013 09:00
End Date: Nov 16, 2013 13:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre
Darling Drive
Darling Harbour, NSW 2000

Posted By: GJ384

Confirmed Attendees: 1
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 1
  1. #1 GJ384, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
    Folks, being the 3rd Saturday it's time for a ride - but this month instead of a long ride I'm just going to ride down to the Australian Motorcycle Expo, and hopefully bringing a few others along with me.

We'll start by gathering for brekky at Deus ex Machina (http://goo.gl/maps/fCtC4) at 9am, then make our way over to the show (http://goo.gl/maps/uZd4l) when we're ready.

Best parking for Deus is in Barr St, and cheap ($12/bike/day) parking is available at the Entertainment Centre or SCEC carparks.

Details of the motorbike expo are as follows:

Adults: $20.00
    Seniors: $14.00
    Children: $14.00
    (5 – 15 years)
    Kids Under 5: Free
    Family: $48.00
    (2 adults, 2 children)

Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre
    Darling Drive
    Darling Harbour, NSW

Friday: 10am – 8pm
    Saturday: 9am – 6pm
    Sunday: 9am – 5pm

If the weather is no good I'm still going to the show, but I'll probably drive instead. I'll post here at 6am on Saturday to say what's happening.

Who's coming with me?

2. Hi GJ384,

I'm a new learner whose only starting to get into bikes (yet to purchase one) and noticed the expo coming up this weekend.

What sort of things do they have going on there that a new learner might be interested in?

3. Hi xGibb

Mate the place will be packed with mostly learner bikes as the manufacturers are playing catch up with the recent explosion of new riders.

I will also be there on Saturday although I already have a bike.

4. Hey guys, did anyone go today? I enjoyed it a couple of years ago before I got my LAMS bike. I'm looking forward to visiting again this weekend now on my full licence and a bit of riding experience under my belt.

I saw that Charlie Boorman will be there but looks like tickets to his show are sold out. Found this a funny read:

5. Folks, if anyone's planning to come along today, given the weather I'm going to drive rather than ride. Will be at Deus at 9am - send me a PM if you're coming along and I'll give you my mobile number.
  6. I'm here, taking in the sights an drinking what passes for flat white coffee! Very impressed with a $120 fit it yourself cruise control....
  7. Could you post more info or a link to that please @hornet ? Cheers .
  8. Just home, it's a great show, well worth the price of entry and cost of parking.
    I can't find the name of the stand, but the cruise control is called Kaoko
  9. ^^ ok , thanks . Yes , I've seen ad's for them in various mag's .
  10. I also got one the info is .
    He fitted mine at his house in Cherrybrook

Cruising Bikers
    Spiro Demopoulos 0409333380
    www.cruisingbikers.com.au sales @cruisingbikers.com.au
  11. Good to hear you enjoyed yourself Hornet.
    I have vowed not to go to the next QLD bike expo as I tend to come away disappointed.
  12. i went on the weekend and for someone just getting into bikes it was damn awesome.
    The fact you could sit on almost all the bikes meant you were presented with an opportunity to try a huge range of bikes/handlebars/pegs etc all under one roof all for $20. Its obvious my second bike will be customized somewhat but now i have an idea what im after.
  13. have you heard about Troy Bayliss's new MOTO EXPO at the RNA Showgrounds in Fri 21st-sun 23rd March 2014?