Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Nov 11, 2013] Ned's High Country re-visited

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Ned, May 1, 2013.

Ned's High Country Re-visited
Start Date: Nov 11, 2013 08:00
End Date: Nov 15, 2013 08:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

McDonalds/Shell Servo
398 Plenty rd
Mill Park 3082

Posted By: Ned

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. #1 Ned, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
    Here we go again.........:D :dance:
    Covering most of the same route as last time but with some new sections thrown in just to keep it interesting:playful: :shock:
    5 Days covering approximately 2700km of Victoria's and NSW most enjoyable bike roads :sneaky: :riding:
    WHEN: Monday November 11 to friday November 15.
    MEET: McDonald's 398 Plenty Rd Mill Park (Shell next door, Caltex at 377 Plenty Rd).
    TIME: 8-15am for 8-30am departure :finger: (Please don't be late)
    WHERE: Staying 2 nights at Jindabyne and 2 nights at Omeo, all linen and towels provided.
    COST: $198 (Will include free Wi-Fi and hot cooked brekky every morning)

RIDE FULL :applause:

-This trip is suited to riders who have considerable experience where long distance and minimal stops are required. With at least 500+km to be covered most days, there'll still be breaks for morning/afternoon tea and photos as well as the usual rest stop when getting fuel/lunch :hungry::hungry:

-I'll be leading you on a ride that will be a full-on mix of sweeping bends, tight twisties, hairpins and the usual open straights (sound familiar?) Occasionally there's even time to take in the breathtaking scenery the High Country has to offer, not to mention the catch-up over dinner each evening. Places visited will include Merimbula, Tumut, Falls Creek, Adaminaby, Khancoban and Granya, just to name a few. As well as a run up to Charlotte Pass, if time permits we will head up the tight winding road to Mt Buffalo.

-A corner marking system will be operating on this ride, so will a TEC. However, the group is expected to stay fairly well together and not spread out too much.

-Feel free to ask any questions and please post here if you'd like to come.​

This opening post will be amended from time to time so please remember to refer back here for updates (y)

1. Zol PAID
    2. Brusa PAID
    3. Ned PAID
    4. Garido PAID
    5. Biker Fred PAID
    6. Lisa PAID
    7. Fabrice PAID
    8. Desmo1968 PAID
    9. JMC PAID
    10. Deadman PAID
    11. Positron007 PAID
    12. Captain Insano PAID
    Brad :peace:

2. I wish I could, I really really do.
    Good luck and I'll put my name down if my circumstances change.
  3. Sounds like an awesome trip. Right in the middle of Melbourne Uni's exam period. You bastard, Ned. :p
  4. Do I pass as level 4 ?
  5. Am i coming?

Is the pope catholic?

Yes. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. No worries, long way off yet, see how you go(y)

Sorry Cam, don't worry, there'll be more......

That's for you to decide Ozzy, please check the Ride Level guide to see if you fit the bill. I'm not trying to put you off but it's a lot of km's each day over some very demanding countryside. You need to know what's expected of you.
  7. schnell schnell!

uh huh..... .. ...... .... . ... .
  8. Ok well just read it and most of it I can do but will leave it..
  9. HELL YES :woot:
  10. Fair enough Paul, something to look forward to in the future:)

Cool, you're in!! Just let me know closer down the track if you'll be 2 up(y)
  11. hmmm......level 4 2 up, reckon I could get busied ribs if my on board, seat mounted governor kicks in. :blackeye:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. I'm in! Will have to convince the wifey, but I'll have a few months to do that. :D
  13. #13 Ned, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
    Fair call, was thinking she may have faced backwards with the camera:cautious:

Easy, give her my number and I'll talk her 'round. Will you be 2 up Gerrit? Great to have you on board.
  14. You know i can't say no to this!!! Looking forward to an awesome time like the last, if not better!!! I'm in!!
  15. Well Sujay, if you enjoyed the last one, (and I know you did) you're going to absolutely love this one! Few different roads, some new faces, an excellent time to be had by all. A long wait but it'll be worth it(y)
  16. Consider myself going until otherwise told!
  17. Yep, ok. What's a trip away without at least one Crossdresser! Will add you to the list.
  19. Yes, I'm in. I am classifying it as a mental health seminar. ;)
    :dance: :peace: :dance:
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Welcome in guys, it's been quite a while Chris, and it'll be great to have you join us again Les:)