Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Nourishment not punishment

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Saparak, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Hello everyone, I use the alter ego title of Saparak. My history as a commuter motor cyclist started over 45 years based in Adelaide South Australia. The weekends are riding through the tight twists and sweepers of the Adelaide Hills. Oh yes, and when out of the city limits I am one of those bikers that likes to acknowledge, warn or assist a kindred spirit out there living the dream.

My current companion rides from inception are a 2010 red Triumph Thruxton, 64+kms of trouble free commuting with tricked up with Arrow exhausts that just turns heads followed by nemesis - 2012 red and white Moto Guzzi 1200 Sports SE, 73+kms of quirks and unreliability, yet I regret it was a irresistible love!!

As you will have noticed, I need nourishment so I ride. Not gifted mechanically, wish I could, but as you can see, riding nourishes my soul.

Thanks for having me and I hope I can add some value from time to time.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Welcome :D
  3. Welcome to NR..

I always had a soft spot for guzzis esp the 1200 Sport.

How long have you had the guzzi for??
  4. Oct 2012, had the followers replaced three times under warranty until they finally replaced with is it "roller rockers? I have a starter button under the seat because the starter only works on 3 of 10 occasions. I put it there as no one including auto electricians can understand why the ECU seems to believe there is not enough charge in the battery to start her. Oh but when you get aboard and ride it is intoxicating!
  5. Hmmm..

Italian electricals can be a little bit quirky...

I do plan to take the 1200 Sport out for a test ride one of these days..
  6. Welcome..
    After watching the results of dodgy electrics and Italian bikes in production racing for most of the seventies and some of the eighties I would have thought they'd fixed that mess by the teenies...
  7. welcome aboard :)