Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Notice of VMC General Meeting

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Wolve, May 24, 2012.

1. View notice here

Notice of General Meeting of Victorian Motorcycle Council.

Date: Saturday 2nd June 2012

Venue: H.A.R.T. Centre, 200 Hume Highway, Somerton, Vic

Time: 1.00pm for registration and Tour of facility

1.30pm VMC Meeting
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ^ Thanks

Cheers Jeremy
  3. Thank you mate :)
  4. Is this open to anyone (who RSVPs), or just delegates of member clubs?
  5. titus,

Will find out for you.

Cheers Jeremy
  6. Hi all,

I have got clarity on attendence.

All motorcyclists and stakegholders are more than welcome to attend and participate fully.

At this stage club delegates are the voting members.

Hope to see a whole lot of you there.

Cheers Jeremy
  7. Just a bump to this thread and an appeal to my fellow Victorian riders. The VMC is in the formative stages of becoming our peak representative and lobby group. This meeting is the first public event to discuss what has been achieved so far, where we are heading and what needs to be done. You have a chance to come along and make known the issues that are important to Victorian riders. This will help shape the policies on dealing with governments and government instrumentalities. If you are a member of a club that has delegates to the VMC make known to them what you feel is important to you as an on and/or off road rider.

The time has come to hear the clarion call and stand up, we owe it to ourselves, we owe it to future riders, we owe it to Victoria. To paraphrase John F Kennedy Ask not what Riding can do for me but what I can do for riding.

8. Thanks Chris,

Additionally can I ask that if you are in a club you contact your office holders to ensure they know about the meeting and have sent in their RSVP.

Thanks Jeremy
  9. Yes well said cjvfr to all the Netriders making comment on the recent TAC campaign Now is the time and here is the opportunity to get from behind the keyboard
  10. Bump

It is this Saturday guys, get your RSVPs in if you are going.

Cheers Jeremy
  11. I note the invite says RSVP by 28 May.

Wolve are RSVPs necessary? I'd like to come but I am only a maybe and likely to stay that way until Saturday.
  12. And here's your chance to get your input in for a logo. Bring along your ideas!
  13. Hi Grey,

RSVPs where more for the catering, so 1 more or less will not make a difference. Hope you can make it.

Cheers Jeremy
  14. Thread Bump, on tomorrow.
  15. Let's hope Virgin lands me in Melb on time.

- - -
    Tapatalking loud, saying somethin'
  16. Good weather today for a ride no rain so no excuses :)
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Today’s meeting was a huge success and I am happy to report that motorcycling is moving forward.

There were plenty of people including many netriders with a big thanks going out to Peter Baulch (VMC Chairman) and our robsalvv for organising and conducting the meeting.

Special thanks to Honda Australia (maker of fine motorcycles) for providing the venue, facilities and catering.
  18. Kudos to Jem for the organizing. I just did some talking. :)

+1 on turnout.

+1 on the Honda venue.

- - -
    Tapatalking loud, saying somethin'
  19. Thanks rob a very big thanks to Jem as well.
  20. + 1

Excellent turnout and a good meeting.

Thanks for all of those who attended and Honda for providing the facilities.

Well done to Peter, Stuart, Rob and many others for getting the VMC to where it is today. Very positive information about progress to date and next actions was presented.

Also great to see a number of NR people present.

Cheers Jeremy