Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Nothing to do with anything, really.....

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by hornet, Jul 16, 2005.

1. AUSTRALIA now boasts the fastest truck in the world – which can even outpace an aeroplane.

Named the Bandag Bullet, after the brand of its cold pressed retreads, the eight tonne truck blasted down the runway at the Queensland International Air Show at Bundaberg Airport today, setting a new world record for a one kilometre run.
    Event spokesman Tony Hill said the Bullet will now go into the Guinness Book of Records as the only conventionally powered truck to reach a record terminal speed of over 215 kph from a standing start.
    It took 18.6 seconds for the kilometre run, at an average speed of over 186 kph.
    The previous record was 155.7 kph.
  2. Not sure if you are aware but that truck has been around for ages. I think it originally came from down here in melb?? The other thing i guess it could also even be a different truck these days. But whatever it is thats one fast truck..
  3. god bless those men...
  4. Yeah, it's not new, but the speed sure is.
    Actually I think that was him behind me coming down Mount Ousely into Wollongong last night!!!
  5. Hey Dan, I wonder if it doesn't mean anything because they changed the front sprocket?

6. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  7. yes unfortunately some of our truckies are a little fast hey.. i work in the industry and cant believe some of the things i here, like 170kph b/doubles and all sorts of stuff..
  8. Like the woodsman's axe, only had three new heads and five new handles, but it's the original axe! Competition vehicles are a bit like that, eh?
    How many "Swamp Rat" dragsters did Don Garlits build over his enormous career???? At least they were all a bit different, but still very derivative.
  9. There was the bandag bullet and another i think was called, waltzing matilda back in those days..
  10. Man there really is nothing on TV tonight,..... the forums are turning into a bunch of pissheads crapping on....

Actually, thats the normal around here.....

11. yeah thats it, now those memories are flooding back.. :)
  12. I've noticed most of the pissheads log on around 11 - so stay tuned :LOL:
  13. lol.... well bottle number 2 has just been cracked open for the night :)

14. From memories of hanging around Drag racing, the original was the "Bandag Bandit" a drag truck built back in the late '70s to compete against a yank truck, it then progressed to "Waltzing Matilda" which was a jet powered unit.
    The latest incarnation would be pretty impressive though for a combustion engined unit.
  15. So were the caffine drinkers young Dan . I was up but playing some indoor sports (bedroom sports that is ) :D