Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Not sure on this alpinestars jacket

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by illusionary, Feb 19, 2008.

1. I found this alpinestars jacket on ebay that looked alright and was pretty cheap:

I had a look on the official site for it but it wasn't on there (fair enough, might be an older model) so I did a google images search for leather alpinestars jackets and went through pages and pages but still didn't find anything like it.

Is this a knock-off? I'm starting to think they've just sewn/glued some alpinestars logos on it and judging from some of the negative feedback the item is most likely based in asia somewhere.

Even if it isn't genuine, would it be worth looking into or are fake jackets something to steer clear of?

btw thats not me that bid on it :p
  2. its deffinetly not one of the 2007-2008 mods. might be an older one but ive never seen it around. most likely a nock-off.

but it actually looks pretty nice. I wouldnt buy a knock off, but for all you know it could be reasonable quality
  3. I'm just a bit worried it might fall apart if I had a slide on the road.

I spose it's the risk you take on ebay.. you never really know the quality until you've got it in your hands
  4. its looks like a knock-off. no use of the "alpinestars" official logo in the advert and the logos on the jacket look printed on..

id buy one locally mate or just look on ebay USA. places like flyin bryans in the US sell official a* gear.