Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Not sure on the next bike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Samward78, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Planning on upgrading very soon to a bigger bike. The bikes that I'm currently looking at are a Honda Firestorm and Suzuki GSXR 600.
    I know they are different but not sure which one I'll enjoy/use more.

Both bikes will easily out ride me as a rider, I don't want to be one of the many supersport bike owners that have had there bike for 2 to 3 years and only done 3K to 4K Kms. I'm not sure if I will want the feeling that everytime I'm hitting the streets it will be Moto GP style, for just a short rid to a mates place. But then again I really like the look of the new gixer.

Main use the bike for.
    Long Rides to inlaws.
    Short rides to mates.
    Occasional Track days.
    Maybe the occasional Pillion. (If the Girlfriend is game)

2. jus forget the in-laws and get the GSX-R :grin: :grin: :grin:

3. If you want to ride quick and do track days, the Suzuki is probably your best bet..

If you want to preserve your license, get the Honda :LOL: :p.

Seriously, you should also make cost of insurance (full comp, see the 'Stolen Bike' threads) a major part of the decision-making process.

4. So far the GSXR is winnging it for me.
    I think I'll get the supersport bike out of my system and get the other for when I'm older.

5. sorry sam you are showing your noobness here, you say you want to pillion? then why not get the bike that is going to be more comfotable for the pillion, supersports while they do have a pillion seat (kinda) are not exactly suited for it. the seat is thin hard and uncomfortable.

where the vtr if you are talk about the f not the sp has a fully moulded seat, which isnt going to be half as bad as getting your girlfriend to sit on a plank covered with a little bit of foam

6. He said maybe an occasional pillion if they're game?

You know you can get aftermarket seats these days? (if you're the type to worry about your passengers comfort haha)

:wink: