Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Not stolen but scammed

Discussion in 'Stolen Bike Register' at netrider.net.au started by Tomkah, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Hi all,

my first post, unfortunately not a nice one.

I had an add on Gumtree as I am looking to buy a Yamaha XT 550 for a little project I am planning to do with my 5yo son (you can't start them early enough). Anyway, guy calls, says he has one, sends me a picture, looks ok, price sounds good.

He says put half ($300) into my account and I'll ship it to you, pay the rest when you have received it, gives me his bank details, voila.

I am thinking "what can happen, I have his name, bank details, phone number, email address, can't be dodgy, would be like holding up a bank with your business card"...well, it was dodgy. So far the money is gone and I am running to the police a lot these days.

Anyway, if anybody ever gets contacted by:

Nicholas / Nick Mole

email address darky1984@hotmail.com

bank details nicholas mole
    bendigo bank
    bsb 633000
    account number 135796332

stay clear of him. Oh, and pls feel free to send him an email.

Cheers,

Thomas

2. gumtree to me sounds alarm bells to start off with, I HAVE bought a bike, sight unseen, and it was delivered however my expeience was with a bike shop in sydney, was a bikesales ad, so maybe I was lucky? sorry to hear about your loss of money though.

3. Contact the branch.
    The BSB relates to the Bendigo Banks head office corner of Mitchel and High sts in Bendigo. Let them know this person has been using the account for fraud and to obtain funds by deception and you will be making a full report to the police and reporting it to the banking and finance ombudsman.

4.  Top
  5. This ^

6. lol...mole...

What MM said...

7. Sorry to hear mate... you cant trust anyone these days

8. If i was you id contact the bank.. good luck and hopefully you get the cash back.. but its times like these where its always best to go view the bike, and pay in cash.. never deposit.. if they won't accept those terms.. find a different bike.

9. seriously, why would you do that??

dang.

anyways, take heart its only $300.

10. Sorry to hear that. Goes to show you can never be too careful.

Hopefully it can all be resolved. Don't be afraid to follow up with the police in a friendly manner to ensure your matter is not "overlooked".

11. Atleast because you tranfered cash it means there is a paper trail so, you have proof.

EDIT: i wouldnt worry it will get sorted because you do have the proof.