Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Not-so-new GS500-type-person in Syd

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by sino, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around here for at least 2 years now, gleaning advice and many lol's from the stories on this forum.. so it kinda felt right to finally join up and give something back to the community :]

Just got my green P's, have been riding a black/grey GS500f for the past year. Started out on an old Across 250 back in 09 I think.. but did want more powah. Heck, I'm even selling the GS now to get something feistier (please dissuade me, some clear-thinking person =P )

Happy riding all!

2. Hi sino. Welcome to NR mate. Sounds like you must be in Vic, where about are you from.
  3. thanks minglis - nah, sydney
  4. haha. If only I'd bothered to read the title of your thread hey....

I didn't think they had green/red P's in Sydney. I got my license in Sydney (admittedly almost 20 years ago) and back then, it was only P's for 1 year.
  5. lol that's alrite.. happens to the best of us

yeah they brought in the whole green p's thing some time in 2009. i just wish i'd gotten my red P's about 3-4 months sooner.. i'd be on my fulls by now :-(
  6. when I got my license in Syd, I was 17 and only had to have my P's for 1 year. I was on full license before my mates in Melb could even get their P's. Funny though, when I came back home to Melbourne, they wanted me to go back onto P's. I'd been riding more than 3 years at that stage, but, they wouldn't consider my first year of driving because I wasn't 18. I just waited till the time was over before changing it to a Vic license.
  7. bureaucracy... D=