Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Not riding..yet!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Mopster, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Hey everyone, dropping in to say g'day.

I haven't ridden in years now, my last bike pretty much fell apart in 06 when I was doing my L's and I just wasn't in a financial position to repair it or buy a new bike. As a result I never finished the LAMS process and will be looking at buying a new bike early next year after my wedding. It's a long way off, but I'd like to get back into the scene, do some reading, chat with like minded folks and start learning before I swing my leg over a new bike.

So thats it, g'day!

2. Hey Mopster, welcome to NR and any ideas of what bike/style you like

3. Thanks goddie, my fiance will tell you I spend FAR too much time looking at and talking about bikes.. I'm not wanting to spend more than 7-8 thousand, and am really peeved that I'm stuck with a LAMS bike but there seem to be some decent options out there now.

I'm after something that is sporty, but still comfortable enough for a few hours in the saddle without a chiropractor visit the next day, and there are a few bikes that I quite like but of course my mind wont be made up until I have a sit on all of them.. so, what I like:

Suzuki GSX650FU
    Suzuki SV650
    Hyosung GV650
    Hyosung GT650R

To be honest though at this point I think the GSX would be exactly what I'm after (at least on paper), and I really like the way it looks.

4. Good luck convincing your wife-to-be to have doughnuts for breakfast everyday on your honeymoon so you can spend a few more dollars on the bike.