Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Not riding = Sadness!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by gracebeey, Oct 6, 2007.

1. This is the third day of my wisdom teeth surgery recovery, and my face is still too swollen to fit into my helmet. :mad: Getting very very edgy due to lack of riding!! Considering I ride almost every day, this is akin to an inhumane torture.

I can definitely see the benefits of having an open face helmet now....Grrr!!! :evil:
  2. That sux! How long until the swelling goes down?

Hope you get better soon :)
  3. Well I got a week off work as sick leave, had my surgery on Thursday and naively thought/hoped/assumed that I could spend Friday - Wednesday riding like nuts whilst 'recovering' :p .

So I don't know....maybe it'll take the whole week for the swelling to go down! :mad:

In the immortal words of Homer: D'oh!!
  4. Buy yourself an open face helmet just for the recovery process if your that despret :p
  5. It took my OH about 4 days before the swelling went down, and he still had bruise marks (didn't want to leave the house !!)

Hope you feel better soon
  6. Your doing OK. I had to take 2 weeks off work as the swelling took 5 days but then all 4 areas from which teeth were pulled got infected.

Awesome fun.