Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Not riding for 4 weeks

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by PEEair, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Hi, I'm going to be going oversea for 4 weeks and just wondering what do I need to do to my Ninja 250r? So far I'm planning on putting some Sta-bil in the tank and then fill it up all the way, clean the bike and relube the chain. I only have a rear stand so I can't put the bike up, do I need to worry about flat spot since it's only 4 weeks?

2. you got anyone you can leave it with to start every couple of days? otherwise trickle charge the battery

3. It's only 4 weeks. Just disconnect the battery and leave the bike somewhere safe. It'll be fine.

4. Four weeks is nothing to worry about.
    Check your battery, make sure the cells are full, disconnect it if you like. If you have a trickle charger you could attach it although it is not mandatory. Fill the tank and slightly over-inflated the tyres (+2-3 lbs). Make sure the fuel tap is OFF!
    I left mine for seven weeks and had no issues. Full choke and it started almost straight away.

5. 4 weeks?
    Come on.
    Park it somewhere and then just, you know, ride it in 4 weeks.

6. It's my first bike so I just want to sure. Thanks guys, and Poppy, I don't think you can turn off the fuel tap on the new Ninja 250, I think it only has ON and PRIME.

7. I over inflate the tyres if I leave it for a while. Also don't like to leave them in direct contact with concrete. I put a bit of matting or something under them. I've left mine on a trickle charger for 6 months with no dramas.
    a month isn't a problem.

8. 4 weeks is nothing bro, just park it somewhere and come back in 4weeks, it will be fine.

9. Are you putting matting in between to prevent flat spotting?

10.  Top