Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Not really an event but an event all the same...[Melb]

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by forester_neil, Mar 6, 2009.

1. If anyone would like to have a go driving traction engines, steam rollers and steam truck, theres a great event happening this weekend:

Its a steam rally, where you'll get to see the only 2 paired Z7 ploughing engines operating in the world! (just for your information, these were the biggest engines England produced before the WW2, primarily for export)

[​IMG](my fat Ar5e in the pic here in the old beige overalls)

OK...OK...there's very little motorbike related stuff here (except for maybe a a Douglas, a BSA driven lawnmower and my BMW parked out the front), but its great fun. If you've ever wanted to learn how to drive a steam traction engine, come along!

Say hello - I'll be wearing DSE yellow fluoro shirts and pretending to know what I'm doing (actually, I do, but I'll pretend really hard!) I'll even teach you how to drive!

If you have kids, it'll be a great day (put some Thomas the Tank Engine sales pitch here!) and a cheap, easy day out for the family!

1200 Ferntrree Gully Road, Scoresby, Victoria.

Check the website for details!

Yay steam rally! (the other, other nerd!)

If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them!
  2. It'll be worthwhile. Tasmania has some very sweet engines. I belive we're getting an ex-army tank in to play with this weekend...that will be fun to drive!