Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Not having to display L/P plates if on P2 car license?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by NoFearNick, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Howdy all,
    I heard a rumour from my friend that if I'm on my P2 car license and I have either my learner or provisional license on my bike then I don't have to display the plates while riding.

Car anyone confirm this? I haven't been able to find any related topics on the net.
  2. You can download the handbook here: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/downloads/motorcycleridershandbook_dl1.html

Advice and rumours from otherwise well-meaning friends are often not correct.

I have a friend who spent her whole P plate period riding around without displaying a plate, believing she didnt have to, as long as she still obeyed the speed limit and bike restrictions. Not sure if this was ever true or not, but I'm sure its not now.
  3. No - still need to display plates no matter what in NSW
  4. I know a better one
    "The only stupid question is the one that you do not ask."
  5. That's actually an old Jewish saying from the Bible, funnily enough from Proverbs 17:28...

Have you heard this one:

“When men are most sure and arrogant they are commonly most mistaken, giving views to passion without that proper deliberation which alone can secure them from the grossest absurdities”.

Might ring a bell from your first year Arts course.