Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Not Happy!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by dane75, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Parked my bike at the back of work today like normal. We have a big back gate which the wheelie bins sit against and my bike goes front first in at an angle to it. It's blowing a gale here today and sure enough the frigging gate blows open with enough force to knock the near full wheelie bins over and also knock my bike over. The right hand side indicator is broken along with the front cowling that it's housed in. It has several large cracks and scratches and a broken brake lever.

I was so pissed off, I had it all parked in there hard up against the gate and it still managed to blow it over. So now I have to either repair or replace the front cowling, indicator and brake lever.

Wouldn't be quite so annoyed if it was from me being stupid on it as then it would at least be my fault... but for it to get damaged like this is quite infuriating
  2. Well you parked it near a movable object, so its no-one elses fault ;) (ie not like they came and pushed the bike over)...

My bike was fully laden one trip, wind picked it up and tipped it over the other way... no gate.... no bins.... just wind and some weight.... I now try only to park next to a fixed object that will block the wind from tipping the bike over (ie building, solid fence, etc)...

3. Sorry to hear Dane. :( Careful where you park it next time ;)

Or you could always ocky strap it: :p

4. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

that's gold, Rosie!!

5. The most annoying thing is the gate swings back against a brick wall so there was only an inch gap for the wind to get behind it and close it. My mate from work had his ZX9R parked behind mine but was lucky that my bike took the impact and stopped it swinging further
  6. Just goes to show with strong winds, these little bikes are like
    paperweights dood.

Learn from it & park your bike accordingly next time [​IMG]

LOL Rosie. Good one [​IMG]
  7. My bro had his bike blown over by the wind TWICE! Repairs cost $4K both times :shock: Ouch! He was not happy Jan.

BTW, it's a Ducati.

Hope your repairs are not too costly!
  8. Sorry to hear that Dane ... thats gotta suck ! :evil:

:LOL: @ rosie
  9. Bad luck dane. Nothing beats parking in a shed at both ends of the day :)
    Before I did that all I worried about was bird sh!t.
    I guess 230kg is a bit harder for the wind to shift too.
    Hope you can fix it cheaply.
  10. I believe there were okky straps involved too.....in fact, don't we have a photo here somewhere??? :p :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :wink: