Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Not happy. :(

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Rolla, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Got back from Tassie yesterday (which was great fun:)), and thought i would take the old VT out for a bit of a run. Called into work to do some stuff then headed off towards Mountain hwy. Got 5 minutes up the road and thought, i seem to lacking a little bit of power then the noises started. Did a quick u turn and headed back to work. Only just made it back before the engine died.
    Looks like it is time for a rebuild, so i will be off the road for a while.
    :cry: :cry: :cry:

2. Head gasket? A rebuild sounds pretty serious....
  3. That's not good mate.. :( Hope you get it sorted out with a minimum of time and pain..
  4. Time to upgrade Dave.... buy Deb a bigger bike and you can then have her "man bag"..........by the time you are off your restrictions she will have it nicely run in for you.....

5. Major bumma! Should have stayed in Tassie :) Might be better/easier/cheaper to buy another bike than give it a rebuild?
  6. That sucks Dave...sorry to hear about your bike problems..

but don't forget the Honda creed...

I would rather push my Honda than ride an Across :grin:
  7. At times like those some just might get weak....
    bloody elitists :LOL: :LOL:
  8. Says he who has been know to ride the Across on several occassions ...

Sorry to hear about your Bike woes Dave ... you could always buy Deb a bigger bike and then beg her to let you ride her Across. I'm sure she wouldn't mind :p