Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Not Getting on TV

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by DenholmReynholm, Aug 24, 2012.

1. So I was flicking through the thread about FireRed's court case, and came upon the Highway Patrol video clip.

It got me thinking, if you find yourself stopped by police and they have a film crew with them, do they need your permission to film you? Or is there any way you can say "I do not want to be filmed?"

Even if I hadn't done anything wrong, the last thing I'd ever want is to end up on that nights episode of Highway Patrol. Or COPS. Or RBT. Or even Operation Repo come to think of it :bolt:
  2. Thankfully Operation Repo is 100% not real :LOL:
    And if I'm not wrong they need your consent to show your face. That's why sometimes you see peoples faces blurred out....correct me if I'm wrong
  3. I got pulled over driving the cage for a random breath test and a second car came up with the microphones, camera crew, lights - the whole shabang.

I had done nothing wrong so they werent really interested in me in the end however I did ask the cop and he said they need your consent to show the footage. Mind you, this was about 2 years ago now, things may have changed.
  4. 1. You are in a public place so they do not need your permission to film you.

2. They do require your consent to use your image and name on television.

3. If you do not provide consent they can still use the footage however your face would be "blurred out" and any mention of your name would be "beeped out"

4. Operation Repo is made by TruTV. The shows they produce are reenactments or as they say "Actuality TV" This also relates to shows such as Lizard Lick Towing, Storage Hunters etc
    • Like Like x 1