Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Not a good weekend

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by firefling, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Seems like it hasn't been too good a weekend for bikers.

2 people died, 1 in Whittlesea, the other in Coldstream (dunno if it's true).
    About 4 people I know came off, 1 very serious(get well soon!!). Another is rumoured to have broken collar bone. The other 2 walked away okay.

I know yesterday was a prime day to get rid of the winter blues and go wild, but please be careful out there peoples.
  2. Can only agree, Fire. Fun stops being fun when people get hurt and valuable machinery gets trashed..

Please be careful.
  3. Yes, not a good weekend at all.

We had one in our group go down too. Luckily the only thing hurt was the bike.
  4. No. Not such a good weekend after all..... :(
    My mate wrote his firestorm off on Friday evening, when he T boned a Falcon (cagers fault). We may have a new Lordtb?! :LOL: :roll:
    He 'super manned' over the roof of the Falcon and broke his wrist and bruised ribs. Fortunately he was in full leathers, boots, gloves and quality helmet. He came out of hospital last night and told me his bikeing days are over..... :( He is pleased to be alive.
    Daz. :wink:
  5. Went 4x4'ing yesterday out at King Lake, thought I'd give the bike a rest. the turn in the weather certainly seemed to bring a few out, passed a couple groups on the way out there..

Get well soon to those that came off. And condolences to those that didn't make it home. RIP. :(
  6. Hmmm sounds like it might have been a fortunate thing to sleep in and miss the rides and instead opt to put my fairings on.