Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Northern Thailand Ride

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Chollima, Jan 29, 2011.

1. For those interested in biking around Northern Thailand some info is in my ride report of my recent ride on The Mae Hong Son Loop.
    The Golden Triangle Rider site is also very informative.

Feel free to send me a pm if you wish to do the trip yourself and have unanswered questions.

2. #2 robsalvv, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Chollima, just checking, you don't have a connection with the tour operator right?

I'll be checking out your blog, I'd love to do that motorcycle tour. :)

- - -
  3. No connection Rob.
    Personally I would never do a guided tour in Thailand - it's an easy country to bike around and it's more fun to tread your own path.
  4. I misunderstood. I saw a reference to a tour site on the blog page and I just assumed gr-rider was another one! Apologies.

You're tour was your own design then?
  5. Basically yes. The Mae Hong Son Loop is the most famous motorbike ride in South-East Asia, so I just did that with a detour or two. You can buy good maps of Northern Thailand in Chiang Mai. Hand over your passport, hire a bike for a few days, and off you go.
  6. :woot:

Well done, Chollima!!! Looks like great fun.

But what's with eating the local insect population, don't we have enough locusts here ... :p
  7. nice one. Good to see you did it on a local bike :)

Next time we are the wifes village near Surin ( Thailand ) I want to hire a bike and try to find some old ruins around the place. Plenty of interesting stuff to see around Thailand if you don't use the tourist maps heh.