Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

QLD North Brissy Newbie

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Wraith, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Hello Everyone,

I have recently been initiated in to the world of motor bikes after completing the Q Ride and commuting to work for the past 2 weeks. I have avoided driving to work at every opportunity ever since. Even tempted to do so in rain (not yet though as skills are limited). I can see why most people who ride never want to stop.

I have been reading the forums for some time now I felt it was time to introduce myself and hopefully meet a few new people. I must say everyone seems very helpful and have a great sense of humor.

I am male, 31, living on the Redcliffe peninsular (North Brisbane) and looking for people who are willing to teach some road craft, advanced skills, sink coffee and just all round ride and have fun. I ride a lil Ninja 300 as shown in my profile pic.

Thanks for reading, hope to see you guys soon.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome Wraith, from a newbie who knows that feeling well... :)
  3. Welcome mate, another banana bender, I am on the Goldie, I am sure there are plenty NRs around your area.
  4. Sink coffee? Oh Gawd, another soon to be 'italian motorcycle' owner............ you should get on fine in here.

Welcome WraithWraith
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sink coffee? Oh Gawd, another soon to be 'italian motorcycle' owner............ you should get on fine in here.

Welcome WraithWraith
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. welcome aboard :)
  7. Welcome.

I have a ride going Saturday. You can meet us on route of you like.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thank you for the warm welcome everyone.

I went for a little ride this evening and ran into a couple of bikes in the valley. They seemed set in their group so I didn't go full creeper and follow them. I did wonder if any of them were members on here.

I did see this post and am very much considering it. Thank you for the invite. If it is a sunny morning I will be there.
  9. Haha You got me. It would have been to much of a give away if I had of said "sip lattes' :p They are beautiful machines but I think I'll stick to the Kawasaki's
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ahoy and welcome to the good ship Netrider!
    Plenty of North Brissies here.
    Happy to introduce you to a few nice rides in the area. Redcliffe was one of my practice destinations from where I am closer to the cbd. Ain't that bridge fun in the wind!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Nice to see someone from North Brisbane, I live practically 10 minutes away from Redcliffe :) Maybe we'll get to ride together when I get about buying a bike. Ninja 300s are awesome :)

That bridge would be crazy in the wind haha
  12. Hey WraithWraith and welcome! I ride a little ninja 300 too and love it to pieces! It has the best of everything! I used to live in Brizzy - worked on the northside for a fair while but was always a southsider at heart! I don't miss that commute on the train everyday!
  13. RexxyRexxy Hi mate. I will be more than happy to tag along for a few rides. I will take all the practice I can get. Redcliffe is a beautiful place these days. Funny you mention the wind, I was tucked into the 300 like Mick Doohan going down the main straight of Phillipp Island. The only difference is I was doing 70 lol. It felt like I was going to get blown over the side.

NovaProspekktNovaProspekkt Yes definitely! Feel free to hit me up any time.

katekate Eww Southsider lol. We are blessed in Brisbane to have such diverse roads, geography and weather to ride/drive around here. You say you used to live in Brizzy. Where are you living now?
  14. Welcome. I used to live in Redcliffe, now I live in Redlands - as long as it's red.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Both are beautiful places to live CaffeineMonsterCaffeineMonster Pleasure to meet you.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Welcome to the forum WraithWraith and to the world of motorbikes :)

There's a few peeps on the coastline over brizzy way; keep you're eye out on Colonel ColemanColonel Coleman since he's on the mentors list. CaffeineMonsterCaffeineMonster rides oodles so he knows the place well.

See you round & stay upright!
  17. So I ended up on the gold coast this morning. If anyone is around and wants to catch up let me know
  18. Send ValvolineValvoline a PM - she is down there
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Show me yours and I'll show you mine. Bike parked at random spots. Then decided to go and take one at all of the new train stations up my way.
    IMG_20161002_111009. IMG_20161004_181736. IMG_20161004_183318. IMG_20161004_184219.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4