Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Normal Operating temperature? -CBR F4i

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by jho, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Hi guys.. not sure if I'm just overreacting or what.. but on my way in to work this morning, I noticed that my temp gauage was sitting at 109 Deg C??

I have a 2001 CBR F4i.. and I'm pretty sure the normal temps I noticed when riding a few weeks back, it was only sitting around 85?.. is 109 too high?..

I guess I was sitting in a bit of traffic now and then, but did have a short freeway run before I noticed the temp...

something to be concerned about?

thanks for any help in advance..

2. Check the coolant and oil levels? Not sure if the bike has cooling fan(s), but they should kick in around 100 deg, but can struggle on very hot days in any case. Apart from that, I haven't got any other ideas...
  3. Thanks for the reply Dan..

but is 109Deg in general considered high for a bike?..
  4. When I worked in conjuction with holden on the first supercharged V6 the engine development Guru stated this to me its all over at 135 Deg C

Most common oils will breadown radiator cap release etc etc etc

From my experience 120 is the max temp i have ever let my bikes run at on a Race Track only.

My Two cents for what its worth
  5. Damn.. thanks for that.. might have to get it checked out :(..
  6. Ring your local Honda dealer and ask one of the tech guys.....
    That's what they are there for. :wink: