Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Noobie wants a group hug!!!!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Panthus, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Hi All!!

I'm a young lass armed with L plates and a Suzuki Bandit 250, and im needing a kick up the butt to get the old courage going and get out there on the roads again.

I'm almost on first name basis with the friendly folk down at the RTA having already done the L's in the past...but....i dropped the bike back then and lost my confidence *hangs head in shame* :oops:

Many moons have since past and i'm back on the bike again as of last weekend. (Yay!)

So i guess my point to my thread is to say a big hello to all and throw it all out there so if anyone has any friendly advise, useless banter, or even an offer as a weekend ride buddy, i would be most gladly accepting. :grin:

2. Hidey Ho, and welcome :)

Without knowing where you are, when I get my bike (or can snaffle my mates) i'll be happy to join you on a (relatively) newbie ride :)
  3. Hi Susanna

First of all, a big warm welcome to Netrider, the friendly forum.

Secondly, check out the "NSW Events" section of the forum; you live just up the road from Homebush so there's no excuse for you not joining us at our new meeting point, the Overflow Cafe, under the stand at Telstra Stadium, Tuesdays one week and Wednesdays a fortnight later. Last Tuesday night we had about 6 ladies there, all riders, there, so don't think it's a blokes' show.....
  4. Welcome to our group.
    don't give up and good luck
  5. Thanks Peeahh, even though you'll have a few hours ride ahead of you i still might hold you to it ;-)

As for the rest, i'll see you in a fortnight at the Overflow. What a stella idea!
  6. Welcome to Netrider :)

I used to live in Ryde .. the Terrace houses on Church St shortly before crossing the Ryde Bridge. Are they still standing? :)
  7. Got to get back on the horse and all that.

Heh, I have had both my first drop and accident (that's not a very impressive track record so far :shock:), but I still couldn't wait to get back on the bike to put into practice what I learnt as a result from my off.
  8. Hi Panthus, welcome to the forum :newb:
  9. I know she's only got one eye, but damn Leela's cute! :) :LOL: :LOL:
  10. A group hug eh? So if I tell you you have a great body you *will* hold it against me??

:cool: :LOL: :wink:

Welcome aboard.
  11. Welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to meeting you at the Olympic Park.
  12. :) :) :)

Hi Susanna, and welcome to the nut house (just kidding :LOL: )

As Haggismaen said you have to get back on the horse. Don't feel embarassed everyone has dropped a bike at some stage.

I dropped one when I was having lessons to learn to ride. :oops: (Insert very red face here)
  13. A big welcome Susanna :newb:
  14. Hi Suzanna, welcome to the forums.

Firestorm. :grin: :grin: :grin:
  15. hi and welcome

getting out on a ride should not be a problem would you like to do a ride from ryde to monavale up thru mccars creek rd n back. very small ride in the scheme of things but has enough twist turns & intersections to get your confindence & skills up
  16. Hi and welcome. Bout time someone turned up with a decent bike. Even if its a little one. :LOL:
  17. Hi and welcome and good luck with getting back on the horse

Cheers :cool:
  18. Some of them are old son, I ride that way to work everyday.

Welcome Panthus...The next HBB Cafe night is not on until the first Tues of next month.
    Some of the guys have misunderstood that.
    Check a thread called Sydney NR's mid monthly Meetings.

Cheers: Jaq.
  19. 1st : Hi Panthus & welcome to the fringe of your community ... you may as well become a pagan now and get completly outcast :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

2nd : Peeahh, I'll come on that ride sounds like a beauty... would you be comming back to Melbourne in the same day ??
    :butt: OUCH :butt: OUCH :butt: OUCH :shock: :shock: :grin:
    Ironbutt here we come.
    OK, that' enuf .. bad zazen!

20. Hi Susanna & welcome.

Just get out there & ride @ your own pace.
    If a car wants to sit on ur butt then stand up & wave ya

You just have to get out there. You wont get over the nerves sitting @ home.