Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Noobie on GC

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Priit, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Hello,

I do not know how many here are actually on GC, but there appears to be loads of people riding.

Now about me...
    Ever since I was a wee lad, I have loved seeing bikes on the road and have been dreaming that one day I will get one and enjoy it like all the rest do. However that day has been postponed for years and years with other things taking priority. Due to some changes in my life I finally figured I would get a motorcycle and start riding. Did my Q-ride a while back and have been looking at bikes for a couple of months. Now about a month ago found one I really liked and put some money on it. Now it took about 2-3 weeks to get it shipped to GC and another 2 weeks to get the roadworthy and paperwork and registration done. So finally last Friday 7/9/12 the bike got registered and I was set loose on the world... on my bike.
    The bike I bought is a 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 650RL. It had about 2800km on it when I bought it, however in the last 2 days I have done about 700km on it just fun riding and pretty much learning to ride a motorcycle.
    I am starting to understand that it takes lots of practice and experience to be able to mingle with all the rest of you out there, but I am on my way to becoming an ok rider some day.
    I will probably have to find someone in GC area to go on the rides with and possibly to give some pointers and hints on what a motorcycle rider should know and do and what they should not. As some of those things take a while to get the hammered into the muscle memory and to prevent the brain from interfering. So any of you out there doing fun rides on evenings/weekends or just hang out and talk motorcycle wisdom over a coffee or ... anywhere near GC, I would not mind tagging along some times and picking up some of the wisdom crumbs here and there.

Oh as I was riding today, figured you all would want some pics of the bike or you would be like all the rest of my friends and think I was just putting them on about actually having a bike. So here goes.

Attached Files:

2. Good on ya mate, bound to be some GC folks around here, and you'll find a wealth of riding knowledge here as well. Enjoy.
  3. Welcome to Netrider, and to the two-wheeled view of the world!
  4. there's a few on the coast yeah, more again in brissy (and the numbers are growing in both instances)

check the QLD section in announcements, we're throwin together a noob spanner day/hangout in a few weeks. come talk shit with a bunch of likeminded temporary aussies and learn basic bike maintenance on the side
  5. Welcome. I'm from Brisbane but I sometimes get down your way, especially of there is a ride organised.
  6. Welcome. I'm at Tamborine and usually keen for a weekend cruise, happy to tag along with you some time. :)
  7. Welcome to NR. (y)

Ride Safe!
  8. Welcome to NR :)