Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Noobie needing advice! (Buying used bike)

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by ScottyDog, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Good evening ladies and gentlemen!

Recently moved to Melbourne for the next 3/4 months and I am trying to find out where to and where not to go for a used bike to use while I'm here.

After a small bit searching I have already seen warning signs regarding Ray Quincey (historical thread and I believe they may have siezed trading?) and sumoto.

I would be very thankful for the suggestion of a reputable used dealer who has a good record and also the option of selling it back once I leave would be an added bonus!

I would basically consider anything around the 250cc mark. Not got. Preference of models at this
    Moment.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers

Joe

2. If u want to pay more go to a dealer. If not get on gumtree. If u don't know much about bikes pay someone to do an inspection before u buy one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Check out cycle-ergo.com for rough sizing

4. That or bikesales.com.au, bikes from dealers will cost more but you have some comeback if issues arise, private sales will be cheaper and you will find some are diamonds, some are stones...

• Agree Agree x 2