Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

noobie - another one

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by fran_e, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Hi,
    After 20 years of wanting a bike, I finally have my Ls and a nice little 2005 Virago. My husband decided to do the learning training too with me, and despite never considering owning a bike before, instantly got addicted and got a 2007 GPX250.
    It's only been 2 weeks, but probably because I'm lucky enough to live in a quiet area, I get to ride daily, and am slowly getting better and just loving it.

2. Welcome to NR and congrats to the both of you for taking the step.
    Not much better than riding with your loved one(s).
  3. Welcome to you both and congrats on the twins :)
  4. my fathers in the same boat he's just recently decided to buy another bike after a 20 year break, took him in to teast ride on ofthose Bulevard (spelling?) thingos and he was grinning like an idiot and has now made an extended rearset and leaver so he can ride my commuter with me.
    Make sure you enjoy it and try and get yourself hooked up with an "understanding" riding group, its the quickest way to learn as you are dropping small but bad habbits before they start.
  5. G'day and welcome to you both.
    Two great bikes you both have. My missus had a virago while l had the GPX 250 (both up graded now). Great bikes to learn on, have fun. :grin:
  6. Welcome to NR.....Plenty of Wollongong NR's happy to hook up for a blat around the Highlands! :)
  7. Welcome Fran,
    Get out on some of the rides when your ready and enjoy yourselves
  8. Kudos to you two for actually taking the plunge and not "oh we are always talking about getting into bikes" BS!

Well done and have fun