Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Noob

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Nordika, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Hi everyone,

I am a 22yo psych student who has always wanted a motorbike. The other half would always object to it, but she's outta the picture now and it's time to celebrate.

Finally got my learners this year and received a call from the bank today that my loan has been approved! *does happy dance* I'm finding that this forum has loads of info that should help any rider out.

Now it's time to get crackin' and actually find a bike to practise on. Been going in and out of stores for the past year or so and really liking the naked bikes to start off with.

Cheers!

2. Welcome fellow newbie, all the best with the bike hunting! :twisted:

3. Hi Nordika and welcome to the madhouse (you'll be able to do your doctorate here mate) get along to the coffee nights local to you and chat to the people who ride the beasts your interested in buying, remember dealers have a vested interest in selling you something so opinions will have a bias towards emptying your pocket of cash.

4. Welcome buddy, Cast around for any advice.

All (well most) questions are answered sensibly
    :wink:
    NOT
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    Cam

5. Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Am having a hard time finding a decent bike. I'm the only one in my social circle who is venturing out on two wheels, so as you can imagine, I can easily fall into many traps when it comes to buying second hand. :?

Been reading up on the sticky threads to try and educate myself. Talk about info overload!