Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Noob to the forums and another VTR250 owner!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by liamB, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Hi all, just thought I would say this has been a great forum to learn a lot about motorbikes! Just passed my L's the other week and bought a new VTR250 as they were on sale $7995 ride away (with a free teknic jacket!)

Sweet, pick my bike up this friday looking forward to meeting up on the tuesday and thursday rides as I live in St kilda. :cool:

See you around

Liam

2. Right choice in bikes :cool: and Welcome to the forum

3. Congrats & Welcome Aboard !
    :bike:
    Be sure you post pics up soon, OR feel the wrath of ktulu, our Head of new bike acquisitions dept :p

4. Nice choice in bike! Welcome to Netrider :woot:

5. yay another close noobie, i live right near st.kilda most people live out west :p :twisted: i should be getting my bike this week or next (prob be delayed coz of melb cup grrr)

maybe we can go on a few extra cruises when i get my bike :cool:

6. Great choice in Bike! I go through St Kilda on the way to and from work. I hope to see you sometime. What color did you get?

7. Nice choice ive got vtr too! ul have to come to the L rides, go the vtr club haha, welcome mate :)

8. Thanks for all your support guys, I bought a red VTR as they did'nt have any other colours left. Besides, i quite like the red and black combo. I was told it was one of the last two available new. Honda have stopped making them aparently.

Cool, looking forward to catching up for a ride sometime soon!

:grin:

9. p.s, I will get some pics up. I want to take some photos before I ride it . I have never bought anything new this exspensive ever!

10. Again welcome liamB to all... cya on the Tue rides soon :wink:

11. wtf !!!
    they are everywhere .....nd they are gonna take over this world !!!! :|

beware of the RED VTR 250s !!!

12. u know how much fun they are & u want one :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :p

13. haha Yeah man we are everywhere, we should have a red vtr ride, would make some great photos anyway!

14. Travis, I'm In!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

15. welcome aboard................and nice choice in bike :grin:

16. Well, I picked up my bike tonight, I am glad it did not rain and the roads were dry! Must say I am very happy with my bike! Was a smooth ride home too. I was a little nervous in traffic on a friday afternoon but it was all good.

Here are some pics. Note only 3km's on the clock when I took delivery :)

7a3abffa.

b014869a.

The only thing I would like to do is move the foot controls around a little if I can as I am quite tall and it feels a little out of place. Other than that I have no regrets buying a brand new bike :cool:

17. Welcome and enjoy the world of v-twins! :wink:

18. Well, we got an Adventure Forum; can a VTR Forum be that far away? :LOL:.

Welcome to Netrider Liam :).

19. great lookin bike mate, did well.

were abouts are you in melb.... hit me up a pm if u wanna go ride on a nice day.

20. honda stopped making them BUT are about to release injected, possibly ABS VTR250F.

Not sure if/when it'd make it to aus though.