Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Noob to forum and riding.. with a quick question on cleaning

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Squizz, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Greetings all..

I have a quick question for yas..

What are good stuffs to use when cleaning your bike?

I was told that a hose is no good.. so i got me a bucket and water..

I got me some faring polish.. comes out nice n schmick :D

but the pain in the tail is the black crap that comes from the brakes.. n since my cbr has white rims.. it kinda shows too well.. Any suggestions on whats best to get it off?

2. Re: Noob to forum and riding.. with a quick question on clea

Mate I feel for you.... as i too have white rims..

Goto autobarn or supercheap and buy a bottle of meigers non acid wheel cleaner roughtly about $12. Thats what I use on my white rims... it gets most of the crap off.. occasionally ya will need to give them a light scrub aswell with wheelcleaner stuff.

Give it a hose down.... and a polish ... sometimes help polishing them keeping the brake dust of for a while... sometimes..

Using a Hose is alright.. its the high pressure hoses you want to stay away from which gets into the bearings.
  3. Degreaser on a rag, then wash it properly like the rest of the bike (do the wheels last)... Works for me.... :)
  4. you have to wash your bike
  5. i agree, haven't washed mine in about 3 years, i prefer to ride it :LOL:
  6. I been inposession of the beastie bike 2yrs now and yet to wash it... tho my loverly partner T has washed and polished it once just recently... so apart from the tape holding the fairing together it can be seen where the scratches are...rofl