Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Noob question re. fairings

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by jingly*ying, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Hi all! I have a CB250, and need to charge the battery. I can do that, I'm not entirely hopeless :oops: . However I've not had a bike with fairings before, and have no idea how to take them off, or the seat. Any tips?

Thanks heaps.
  2. i'll take a stab and say there should be a keyhole under the seat. that should release the seat. then you should be able to see some bolts holding the tail panels in place. you might be able to get to the battery with the seat off. it should be pretty straight forward once the seat is off. just look for the key hole. turning the key alone may or may not free the seat. it might just unlock a lever that you have to pull by hand.
  3. Ah ha! Thanks alot. Now I have to go find me some distilled water...

:D Josie.
  4. The release for the seat is behind the helmet lock. When in the unlocked position you can move the lever & the seat slides back & up.

Have a look at this site & do a search on "battery access". Lots of useful info from real CB250 enthusiasts. http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/CB250_Nighthawk/
    Cheers, Ewan.
  5. There's a key... and a little lever.
    Turn key, then it's either squeeze or pull lever (can't remember!?), then the seat should come free and you can pull it up.

I spent all of ~20 minutes one cold morning attempting to get a seat off a CB250 only to discover that i was pushing the lever the wong way. :cry: :LOL: