Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

noob in Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Mudfrog, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Hello everyone, my name is Fred and I'm a Noob... :]

finally bought a bike after dreaming for years. I have a Red Honda CBR500R, great bike. I did the 2 day learner course at Clyde, next day got my 'L's and rode home with no more experience than that... from Lane Cove to Blakehurst, and only stalled it about 20 times.

I have been commuting to work on dry days and hiding from the rain until I have more confidence which means I haven't been out and about much in the last month. Driven cars and trucks for 30 years so I can read traffic pretty well, but get nervous about getting on the bike at times (pre - ride, just like how Ness described in her early days), fine once I'm out there.

Had a slow speed drop recently, nil damage to bike but now I have a phobia of right hand corners... I know what I did wrong, ( in 3rd gear, revs too low, bike stalled, grabbed front brake and went straight down like a sack of sh!t) :bigtears: and what I should have done but still stuff the right handers sometimes.

So a long post here but basically trying to say that I need low speed experience with corners and of course for the MOST as well. Going to muster up the gumption to attend the Homebush session on this Saturday - unless it rains... :chicken:

cheers Fred AKA Mudfrog.

2. welcome Mudfrog awesome moniker :] and the corners get better
  3. Hi Jeffco,
    thanks, it's from my 4WD days... and geez I hope so, and sooner than later.
    No dramas with Left handers or Left corners, terrible when turning Right... find myself muttering inside my helmet - look where you want to go...
  4. yeh I did that too, now its mostly don't fcuk it up there's to many on lookers :wacky:
  5. Welcome to NR...
  6. Welcome. Most of us prefer one direction over another. It will all come together with time in the seat.
  7. Welcome, nice bike :)

Left corners for me ... Oh and the muttering, I do that too.

Corners are getting better but the muttering is getting louder! ha ha