Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Noob in Sydney Inner West

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by nozzle, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Hi all,

I've just decided to get my license. Just completed my Learners and picked up a new Kawasaki Ninja 300 which I plan on picking up in the next week or so.

Got all my basic gear on Saturday from MCAS and am ready to go. Can't wait.

2. welcome aboard :] congrats on the Ls and the bike
  3. Cheers Mate.

Next step will be to find some rides to hit. Any suggestions for a Learner?
  4. Welcome aboard :)
  5. Welcome aboard. Where from sydney are you located?
  6. Leichhardt. I guess I just need to practice during daylight on quiet roads for now. I'm itching to head for a few rides into/through the RNP or up North/Central Coast.
  7. Not too far away from me. Hopefully its a easy ride home from the dealership. Try and stay in the back streets or find a empty parking lot to practice in and get a feel for the bike. Before you know it you'll be ready for traffic. Stay focused and enjoy.
  8. Thanks for the pointers. I've gotta get back from BikeBiz (Granville) to home (Leichhardt). There are a few ways I can go but all are going to be busy. Will just avoid the high speed areas and try to snake my way back via the backsteets as you suggested.
  9. strathfield here, happy to take you out on a ride. my girlfriend and some of her friends are learners aswell (one of them just started riding a couple of weeks ago).

let me know.
  10. Cool. Might take you up on that offer once I get my bike and line up some time to get out and about.
  11. I live about 25 mins away from you so if you need another rider let me know. Always looking for people to ride with
  12. yeah do it, always heaps of fun :)

oh yeah, would be great! i'm still on my red's - 229 days and counting - but confident enough to take them out. but some more tips - especially from a full licenced rider - are always welcomed!
  13. I'll be happy to help out where I can. Been riding for around 4 years 5-6 days a week so picked up a few things here and there. Let me know whenever you're up for a ride.
  14. definitely next weekend. hopefully picking up my new bike (mt-07) on tuesday. needs a good break in then!
  15. Welcome along Noz.
    Good luck getting the bike home. Take it easy.
    Get thee to Saturday practice.
    Enjoy all the learning fun.

Looks like the locals are eager to help out.
    I'm not far away either
  16. Hey Noz
    I'm a newbie in the inner west too. I've still got to get a bike but hopefully I'll catch you round the traps.
  17. Welcome Noz!

I'm not far from you in Newtown; I'd be happy to ride with you back from Bike Biz if that would make you more comfortable.
  18. Welcome to NetRider noozle!

Don't forget to join the weekly Sydney Learner's session in Homebush, every Saturday from 1pm. There will be a group ride after the session.

Sydney Learner Sessions (Weekly, Sat 1pm)
  19. Thanks all for the pointers. Saturday practice sounds just the treat. Will come and check it out when I get my bike and have a free Saturday afternoon. Next few weekends look to be busy.
  20. Welcome to NR