Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Noob from Sydney - Honda VTR250!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Helcat, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Hi Everyone!

I'm a learner rider from Bondi, Sydney. I got my L's two months ago and a second hand 2005 VTR250, and have been loving it! I used to ride dirt bikes when I was younger and grew up out on property, but haven't ever had a road bike until now. It's been a great learning curve, and have been loving getting better and better each time I ride!

I've been reading these forums for months, and they have been a fantastic source of information and advice which helped me right through the process of getting my license, buying my first bike and all my gear. I haven't actually posted anything until today, and Thera pointed out I should introduce myself here first - so hello everyone :)

I absolutely love getting on my bike on the weekends and going for rides, but I don't have anyone to ride with at the moment, so keen to meet other Netriders! I have done a few good rides down to Royal National Park and up around Pittwater and the Northern Beaches, but I'm sure there are plenty more out there I don't know about and would love to find them!

Feel free to contact me if you live nearby and would like to catch up or go for a ride. I look forward to meeting more of you!

Happy riding :)

2. Gday Helen, Welcome to the boards, if your up for a ride, head on down to homebush on Sundays 3pm for what we call learner training sessions, you will get to meet a couple of netriders on the day... enjoy mate
  3. Thanks Goz - I was just reading that thread! Sounds great, I could do with some skills practice - would love to come tomorrow arvo but I came off recently and need to get my bike checked out first, got some minor damage and I just want to make sure its all ok before I head off on it anywhere.

But once that's sorted I look forward to coming down :)
  4. ouch, bummer, u ok?, see ya when ever u get there :)
  5. Yeah I'm fine - just grazed my knees as I slid a bit - and tore through my kevlar jeans! Thank god I was wearing good protective clothing - it made me realise how easy it is to come off. Hit a manhole in the road coming round a curve and the bike bumped and slid out. Very lucky the traffic was all going slowly, and drivers all got out to help me up. Just worried about my bike as I don't really know enough to know what needs checking. Hoping some Netriders out there can help!
  6. Hey mate, Im a newish rider and just down the road at Rose Bay..

Love heading down to the national parks on the right day.

Hit me up if you want to head down from the east side.

I grew up around the shire / national parks areas and there is no better spots to ride, thats a fact.
  7. sorry ill have to disagree, wisemans ferry run and putty are better in my opinion, bells line rd is another good 1, obviouslymy personal preference
  8. In truth I havent yet ridden these areas. But adding open ended generic catch phrases like THATS A FACT adds conviction and makes me sound like I know what I am talking about. I just love the parks, I look forward to better runs should you be correct and THAT IS A FACT!!!
  9. Haha yeah awesome, I'm keen for that for sure! I was Actually speaking to a friend's boyfriend last night and he was talking about various rides including the Putty Rd run - sounded pretty super. I actually grew up out at Cattai which is on the way up to Wiseman's so know the area well. Plenty of good riding to be done out that way!

Cheers dzrider I'll give you a shout once I get my bike fixed up!
  10. #10 goz, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  11. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :grin: