Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Nolan N104 owners - do you like it?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Pugsly, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Due to the security requirements at my current client, I need to remove my helmet every day at a security gate, then put it back on to ride to the parking lot. It's a pain in the arse, and it looks like I'll be here for at least a year.

Couple that with the nuisance value of removing the helmet at servos 2-3 times a week (especially in the cold/wet weather) and I'm in the market for a flip-face helmet.

I've tried the XXL Neotec, the Bell Revolver and Shark, and none fit me. I've got a 62cm head, and I think it's on the round side. My current lid is an XXL Shoei TZ-R.

I've noted that the Nolan N104 also comes in a XXXL and have just found a shop with stock in that size.

But.. before I go try on, and potentially buy, I'd love to hear from owners of this helmet about what they love and hate about it. It may help me when negotiating price.

2. G'day Pugsly
    My son and I are on our 2nd N104's . We think they are great . We ride adventure bikes and the only problem we found was on Cape York the fine dust seized the flip front in the down position.
    Took some cleaning at a garage with air hose to get them working again.
    Wind noise is pretty good and I find the N104 pretty comfortable as well .
  3. I'm on my 5th Nolan lid now, I can't get away from them. I think they're an awesome lid. The N104 is a big step forward from the 103 in terms of peripheral vision, the anti fog visor works great and the flip-down sunnies are handy too. On the negative side they're undeniably a heavy and noisy helmet compared to full face ones. But I love 'em.
  4. Thanks guys. I'll go try some on and see how I go. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
  5. They don't compare at all to a full face - as far as weight and wind noise go. But, if you don't go over 90kph and have a strong neck, go for it.
  6. I've got a Nolan 104 and agree with Loz, sounds like a cyclone over about 60kph. The visor is a dodgey fit too.
    Other than that its ok but I ditched it for a EVO 6 BMW lid.
  7. I wouldn't count on not having to remove your helmet even with it open. Have an older version walked into a servo in my home town was asked to remove the lid. Replied that it was open you can see my face was told it didn't matter the rule is no helmets. Told her no problem won't be back after today anyway. But must admit didn't try my luck again at any servo after that.
  8. I ended up buying one. I've even written up a review Nolan N104 Evo review | Netrider - Australia's Best Motorcycle Community

To date, I haven't been asked to remove it in a servo, and hopefully that remains the case.