Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by tinkerbike, Apr 9, 2005.

1. was doin a lap of newy forshore when a bloke gave me a nod, common occurance with bike riders but he was walking.....

maybe he rides bikes

2. He probably was, it becomes a bit of a reflex.
  3. I caught myself out just the other day.. wondered why I was being ignored after giving the nod to a fellow bike rider - then I realised, I was in the Falcodore ;-)
  4. if u own all them bikes u r a bike lord......
  5. I must tend to agree with tinker, we should erect a statue or something of you man!!! :LOL:
  6. Ive done it a couple of times, waved or nodded to a guy on a bike when I was driving/walking.
  7. nah, I am more of a bike pimp ;-)
  8. Got the nod from every1 today , harlys, beemers even a scooter :D
  9. I nod to bikes while im driving the car :D

Lisa :twisted:
  10. One time I got the nod from a a guy on a bike when I was walking past, took me a couple of seconds to realise that it was probably due to me wearing my jacket and gloves :LOL:
  11. my m8 on a fzr1000 rekons he got a nob from a push bike.
    do we nod at them ?
  12. I saw two bike (pushie) riders give each other the nod the other day! Admitedly they could've actually known each other, but definitely got me thinking. Perhaps theres a pushie culture out there that us bikers are excluded from; much like the Harley culture.
  13. maybe its just passed down the line
    harleys wont nod at us
    we dont nod at pushies
  14. What sort of nob was it?
  15. when I was riding the pushy to work, I got the occasional nod from other pushy riders, was a bit weird, even had them say hi as they cruise past you, or you past them

Didn't get too many from the dudes on racers though.
  16. yeah smee sorry spelling error in the translation
    nod is the word.... very funny
  17. got the nod from a postie today... didnt know what the hell was going on. kinda took me by surprise.
  18. I nod at everyone. Even Nanas in on Nana scooters. Don't care if I'm on the bike, car or walking. I once even got caught giving a nod to the bloke on the bike in the TAC commercial. Felt like a twat, but at least I'm a friendly twat.
  19. ROFL

You are a friendly twat :D

I do nod to everyone except long bearded folk on cruisers 'cause they've never nodded back :D

I haven't nodded to the TV yet ;)
  20. I got a nod from a police motorbike dude the other day. Actually, it was more of a wave/salute type thing. heh. I thought it was pretty cool considering I've only been riding for a week.

How do you actually nod? Dumb question, I know. But it is like a "yes" up and down motion, or is there more to it?