Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Nodding posties?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by mustlovebikes, Feb 13, 2008.

1. is it rude to not nod a postie? I would have said no, until a friend binned his bike badly and the first person to the scene was a postie and turns out his other bike was a 'Busa. Really cool guy.

2. I nod to posties.
  3. Often they're too busy to nod back, but if they're looking I give them a nod, although I'm guessing some are a bit over the nod.
  4. To me, the ancient art of Nodding is about the Nodder and not the Noddee.

For me, anyone on a bike (postie, scooter, sachs, BMW, hell even a Harley) deserves a Nod. How they receive it is up to them.

As evidenced by the NetRider crew, many riders have multiple bikes of multiple sizes and styles. I nod at people to be friendly. It makes me feel good, helps riders build on their positive reputation and I like doing it.

So my answer is Yes. Keep on Nodding!

5. Posties are the best and I will always give 'em a nod or acknowldgement.

I love the way Aust. Post let them ride around squidding and all that.

Nothing more spectacular than seeing a posting roaring down a steep hill on the fully loaded ct110, safety vest undone and flying behind their arms and mad eyes full of attitude.......priceless :LOL: :LOL:
  6. ^^^ Love the Postie bikes, and postie riders are probly too busy to nod back, but hey - the nodder and the noddee, pretty good way fo seeing things IMO
  7. alot of posties are riders in their own time, ill always give them a not of they are out and about
  8. yea i always throw them a nod and i like it when they take the second to nod back (unless they just brought me bills that day = no nod)
  9. i never knew nodding was such a big issue when it came 2 riding.. id say hey 2 any rider that i come across at a light n seemed worth sayin hello 2, jus coz i ride a bike wont make me a snob, dunno y others do :S, not sayin people on this forum, jus in general
  10. Being new to riding I want to get others thoughts. On my very first ride and feeling very proud of myself only 1 of the 20 or so bikes that I passed nodded back. And that 1 didnt count as it was a motorbike cop and he was more nodding to get me to slow down
  11. I find harly riders don't ever nod, but most jap bike riders do.I ride harlys on an add hock basis and i nod to others riders regardless of what there on.
  12. im a postie !!(have been for about 14years) so keep nodding , its great ,

i work in an office with 40 other posties about 50% are riders ,everything from harley's to an old trumpy,R1's,about 5 cbr600's,vfr's ,3 sv's includeing mine,a virago,a 750 katana,a moto guzzi ,and a ducati hypermotard !

we have a ride together about every 3 months
  13. thats wat its all about

like i read on the forum sumwhere, its not what u ride, its thats u ride!
  14. we found it different when in Tassie
    found Harley riders nodded to us alot
    but very few sports bike riders did

Posties are definately riders too
    ex-Aussie Post here from Darwin and one of my instructors on my METAL bike course was one of my supervisors at work :shock:

15. +10000

16. Nod,
    my dad might be one of them :) ,
    ans hes got a motto guzzi, (in the shed, plans to get it going in the nxt few months) :grin:
  17. *Nods to everyone*

- I plan on never nodding to Harley rider - unless I know them personally - most are big and scary - and can probly eat me and my bike