Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Nodding etiquette

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Gord, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I got my L's on friday, and headed out through the Spur and the dandenongs over the weekend. 400 k's... 80% of naked / street bikes nodded at/back at me, but not one cruiser / harley...

Here was I thinking it was cars Vs bikes.... looks like I've back-tracked to highschool. Whats up with the sects on two wheels? Have I missed something?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Nod nod nod nod......

I'll nod to anyone, except..you know.....sc..........

• Like Like x 3
  3. 10 min and thread not closed? Might be a record

• Like Like x 1
  4. oh yes a nodding thread

5. just nod vigorously

6. I've got day-ja-vu all over again.

7. nod as though you are violently head banging to death metal. and just do it along your peak hour commute when traffic is flowing. I've done it before, you get the funniest looks from cagers, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  8. argh.. should I have done a search before posting?!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nah, it's worth seeing the reactions.

By the way, I nod and ride a cruiser. Even nodded to a few bikes at the lights when I've been in the car.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Don't sweat it, not all cruiser riders are too cool to nod. Just like Tone2 I'm a cruiser rider and I nod. Almost nodded my head off at all the bikes around Reefton today! I even nodded the classic car guys driving down the road. Old school cool and open top cars means in my book they are almost motorcyclists and deserving of a nod.

11. YES!

12. Wave at them next time.

like a really enthusiastic wave, if they don't wave/nod back, shake your head and sigh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.