Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Nobody told me...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by akaluke, Sep 17, 2009.

1. I used to like the rain. The smell, the sound, being inside and watching it through the window.

As a new bike owner...I hates it.
    I look outside and all I see is me not on my bike.
    I didn't realise this would happen.

Nobody told me.

2. /me waits for the deluge of htfu comments.
  3. You know what's funny... when I was young and stupid I used to love when it rained. As soon as it rained I was out on the roads with my '84 corolla shack drifting all over the place.

Kid's don't do this as it is very dangerous (but it was also very fun :wink: :wink: )
  4. You ride a cruiser…
    You have a low long COG…
    What’s your issue?
    Just get yourself a big hot cup of HTFU :p
    Just had to put that in to keep sooty happy :grin:
  5. Where do I buy some of this "HTFU"?

I just rang Peter Stevens, they laughed and hung up on me.

What exactly is "HTFU" anyway?

Will it help to keep my bike clean?
    Help keep me upright in the wet?
    Keep my jacket dry?

...confused noob...
  6. Peter Stevens wont have any in stock, i saw some bloke asking for some when i got my bike. :p

I find adding water to cement is a perfect substitute. :D
  7. Drink a cup of concrete and HTFU.

(Harden The Phuck Up)
  8. lmao >.< take it easy on the bloke
  9. I know what you're talking about. I lived in a house a while back that was beautiful and quiet, with a big Buddhist-style garden out the back, the perfect place for my love of the gentle rain and for listening to it against the widows as I lost myself in a book, a warm cuppa at my side. But this place was at the end of a frantic street requiring ducking and weaving in the traffic, across tram lines, and I noticed this in myself one day: that I was sitting there with a book, and reacting with this negativity to the rain, out of functional concerns (I was heading out - commuting on the bike - shortly)! So sad! Something pure within me was dying or being smothered, lost in the functional mindset... :cry:
  10. #10 smee, Sep 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  11. But let me add there's a new experience awaiting you: a country road back off the main highway, empty of other traffic, a hot summer's day, or in fact any weather, a massive pregnant sky, and it bursts and you dissolve into the sky and the elements, the greyness and light, chilled or sweaty it doesn't matter, your skin and senses drink it in and you feel really alive, elemental, animal....

Just you wait! :)
  12. #12 akaluke, Sep 17, 2009
    Shit, my middle name is Stefaan AND I'm a DJ...

13. See you out there!
  14. #14 mcbigg, Sep 17, 2009

Well my name's Bevan and I've only got one arm.

(not really!)
  15. [​IMG]
  16. [​IMG]

17. Sook.

When i rains i take the bike.

When it's sunny i leave the bike at home and drive in. Then i make a thread on here about how the sunny weather shts me and when will it next rain so i can ride again.

18. What's so wrong with rain. Rain is just like dry only wetter.
  19. Karmic words of wisdom.

Boom Shanka. :)
  20. "There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothes. Get yourself a sexy raincoat and live a little"
    -Billy Connolly