Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

No Riding for a while

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by BRK, Mar 14, 2008.

1. greetings,

bloody footy training has caused me to snap my collarbone clean in half. This means no riding for at least 6 weeks, and no football.
    This annoys me as we are on a good 10 day run of awesome weather in vic.
    im already having widthdrawal symptoms.

BRK :(

2. See it just goes to show... riding a motorbike isn't the dangerous sport... it's Footy.

3. With a forecast 40 degrees in Melb today, I don't think you'd want to be riding anyway.

Bad luck about the collar-bone, just don't get too impatient and start doing things before it has properly healed.

4. My predicament is that rugby season has started up again and I was keen to get back into it again this year. However, having broken my hand, dislocated my elbow and fractured my foot over the past few years playing I think I'll be giving it up and sticking to my new passion which is riding - or maybe i should take up chess. My decision was validated further when my mate, who I ride with, broke his hand playing rugby last weekend and so is out of commission (ie can't ride) for the next couple of months.

5. hey dude

i broke my collarbone clean 3 and a bit weeks ago as well
    i missed out on a big stunt comp and it sucked balls

its starting to get better for me now and i've eased back into normal riding
    but it's still gonna be a few more weeks until i can trust the shoulder again

6. hey n*a*m,

anything i can do to speed up the recovery??

7. wear a good sling and rest it heaps dude (i haven't rested enough!)

my break hurt like hell
    regular ice packs helped pain management in the initial week
    but after the soft tissue damage subsided - it wasn't too bad
    i still get some muscle spasms every now and then

8. So who'd play football, then, riding's nowhere near as dangerous :LOL:?

9. i know, players should have to pass a interactive questionare before they play, it is amusing how i remain unscathed from the bike, yet footballl always bangs me up!

BRK

10. Agree with you there hornet600 ;-)

No injuries there on the bike yet - touch wood!

But then again, don't have a 150Kg forward gunning for my ass on the bike......just a 1 tonne cager....but feel more nimble on the bike!

11. i busted mine many years ago, after 2 weeks, you may be able to support the weight of your arm with minimal pain (this is when i started riding again - even on dirt). and as NAM said, 3 and a bit should see you back on the bike gently. just dont have an accident, you'll no doubt hurt it even more and Mr Insurance wouldnt be very pleased with you.

mine snapped, and knitted back together 3/4 inch shorter than the other side. i now get really cool tendonitis in my shoulder! makes me very pleased with the onset of pain.
    best to let it heal properly i reckon.

12. you need some magic cream

414-299-Voltaren_Emulgel. [/img]

heal up quick buddy