Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

No Rage just observation

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by fightingtiger, May 21, 2016.

1. Hi Guys

Just thought I would put forward an observation.

Background. Been riding since 2009, bought an old 1982 Ducati Pantah 500. Basically black all over and not that loud. Riding that I often had cutoffs and SMIDSY.

New bike is a loud 2002 Ducati ST2 bright Ducati Yellow - so far no issues, people stopping for me, letting me merge etc. I also wear a bright yellow leather jacket on this bike.

I'm conscious not to get too complacent about this, but its just something I noticed.

So if I read between the lines, go Loud in colour and sound and MAYBE that helps these Zombies see us.

Be interesting today, I pick up my Wifes Harley Street 500 not expecting it to be Loud so will be very watchful :)

Ride safe

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. It's a slippery slope conspicuity, As you say don't get complacent about the saving powers of Hi Vis and noise. Cars are little cocoons of isolation and you need to use all you have in your arsenal to break through,
  3. I had a Bandit 1250 for a while and the muffler I'm sure had secret US stealth technology it was that quiet. I sat more upright than the VTR I've always had, and I wore the same gear on both bikes. But dam, the amount of people that just changed lanes onto me was surprising to say the least. On the VTR it almost never happens, and its fairly loud. Make of that what you will...
  4. Yeah don't get too complacent - I gave a bright yellow V8 cage and I'm still amazed that some muppets do t see or hear me....