Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

No one should have to make this choice :-(

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by VTRBob, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Well as you all know I will be doing the GP run on sat from cranny as in the other post BUT

Got a phone call last night just as FP coffee was winding down.
    some of you may remember my dash to Sydney about 6 weeks ago to see mum after her surgery ?!

Well seems the surg was not as good as we all hoped, I now have to take my kids up to see there nana for the last time while she's still well enough etc.

Nothing more that can be done for her now except to make her last few weeks pain free.

So over the next few weeks if I seem off with the pixies you'll know why

There will be heaps more chances for me to go to the GP and Supers ,
    But you only get one mum
  2. Good luck Bob and hope it all goes better for you and yours.
  3. Sorry to hear the bad news,:( best wishes to you and your family Bob. Time is precious at these difficult times. Keep a :) at all times.
  4. That's rotten news. Best wishes to you and your family.
  5. Best wishes to yourself and your family.
  6. Hey Bob,

Sorry to hear.

If you need anything, you know where to find me mate.
  7. I'm so sorry about your Mum. It's true we only get one set of parents and you have made the right decision.

My thoughts are with you and your family

8. Horrible thing to hear Bob. Although its little consolation, your Netrider friends and surrogate family are here for you if you need us.
  9. Very sorry to hear bob, best wishes mate!!
  10. Take care Bob and your right you only have one mum :cry:

Cheers 8)
  11. Best of luck Bob, hope the time you have is special, make the most of it.

I'll have a silent cheers to you and yours.
  12. Bob, so sorry to hear of your news. :( Best wishes to you and your family.

13. Damn Bob, that sucks.

Your right, there will be plent more GP's but as you said, you only get one mum.
  14. I empathise totally Bob - having family & friends close by is a must.
    "Those we love, never truly leave us".
    Take Care. D.
  15. Sorry to hear it Bobsta :(

Will have a drink for you both tomorrow night.

16. Bummer Bob, all the best from the Scumbags,
    I know what you are going through, losing a parent is a hard thing.

Brian and Eleanor
  17. Thinking of you Bob :cry: .

18. Bugger :cry:

I know how you feel, had to do the mad dash from Hobart to Adelaide cos my Mum was in hospital with cancer.

I dropped everything and went, lucky I did, she was looking better after a coupla days and they were thinking of putting her in the home nursing scheme. So I went home, day after I arrived, got the phone call saying she died peacefully and happily in her sleep.

Jeez I'm glad I went, hadn't seen her for nearly 6 years :? too bloody long by far.

All the best matey, we're thinking of you. Hope the kids don't get too upset.

19. best wishes to you and your family