Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

No neautral, tail, speedo lights & no temp on 1993 CBR90

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by BIG GQ, Apr 29, 2006.

1. The other day the neautral light, tail light, horn, speedo back light and temp gauge decided to stop working on my 1993 CBR900RR. I found a chaffed wire up front and have repaired that but can only find one fuse under the seat and it is fine yet still no speedo light or temp gauge. The hi beam light and indicator lights still work. I guess it has blown a fuse somewhere but be buggered if I can find anymore fuses so what am i missing? Any help much appreciated.

[img:500:375:fae529b58b]http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/81ggq/DSC02201.sized.jpg[/img:fae529b58b]

2.  Top
  3. That link doesn't work man. Thanks heaps for trying though. Anyone know where the fuse may be. As I said no neautral light, no tail light, no speedo back light, no temp gauge. Please help if you have a manual, know where an online manual is or just know the bike. Even any hints as the probably put the fuses in roughly the same place on most CBR's.

Thanks in advance guys (and girls)

4. You can always follow back the wires till you find a central control box or the fuse that runs them all. Probably be difficult, but unless someone has a workshop manual then its the only way to go.

If you dont want to pull off the fairings or things like that, you can pull on the wires and try and follow it by eye, then grab both ends and see if youve got the right one.
    It might take a while but with no book its the only option, used to do it lots when i was an electrician, you eventually get there. :)

5. Ok guys I have fixed it. Found a fuse box under the fuel tank under the air intake and the blown fuse was in there. Thanks to those that tried to help or offered advice.