Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

no license suspension if you're on Ls

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by LM40, Mar 20, 2008.

1. I got pulled doing 81 in a 60 and got 3 points and a $238 fine but didn't get the license suspended. is this normal for a L?

2. The new 'suspension minimum of 3 months' only came in for red P platers, they forgot about L platers :)

At least thats what I assume, you don't actually get the suspension notice until after you've paid the fine. Have you paid the fine? :)
  3. yeah, paid it straight away ,reason is if i was going to get banned i may as well get it over with asap :)
  4. Unless you delay it until you're on fulls :cool: :LOL: :wink:
  5. yes it is only for P's and i believe you only get the bike part of your licence suspended (i remember someone rang rta and asked several times)

so if you've got 12 points on your gold driver's licence, and you speed on your motorcycle P's, you just lose the ability to ride your motorcycle rather than also not being able to drive a car.

not sure why they didn't include L's, its the same deal for car restrictions, you can drive a v8 on your L's but soon as you're on your red p's you can't