Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

No fuel day!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by deafwish, Sep 7, 2005.

1. IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN AUSTRALIA
    DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF PETROL FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT
    THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OVER 4.6
    BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 22nd HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP
    THEIR BEHIND " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE
    DROP OF PETROL THAT DAY. THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD
    THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET
    THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES
    IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN
    PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF PETROL GOING
    UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING
    COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS
    PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING,
    BUILDING SUPPLIES MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE
    AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO
    EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 22nd A
    DAY
    THAT THE CITIZENS OF AUSTRALIA "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

Daz. :wink:

2. I like the idea but what's the bet the Petrol companies decide to discount the price of fuel on the same day?

3. It will never work....sorry.

4. for this to work not only do you require a non-purchase day but you also require a reciprocal non-consumption day, otherwise you are only postponing the purchase of fuel itself. i.e. there will be no loss in profit as there is no decline in consumption. a single day delay in fuel purchase will not affect profits or stocks noticeably without a reduction in consumption as consumers will simply adjust their fuel purchase around the non-purchase day accordingly. I would suggest a non-consumption day may have more effect, but you are facing the same challenges that all green groups face, consumer behaviour patterns, a lack of accessible information and inertia.

5. umm not sure if you got the last one but it was set for the 1st of sept. The other one that i remember before that was the 15th (i think) of August. :roll:

6. This email has been curculated before. Many times. I remember when we were all complaining that it was reaching 90-99c a L and i got the same email back them... Has this worked? Of course not, really do you think that anyone is going to not buy Fuel for a day (presuming not buying fuel for a day would cripple them which it wont, as roundabout said above...). No one goes alone with these "world changing" emails.

A better way to try this would be for everyone to stop buying fuel off a particular vendor eg. Caltex or BP etc. If no one in oz bought from that 1 vendor we could presume they would lower their price a fair bit so we all go there, thereby forcing all the other chains to drop prices to get the customers back... But that wouldnt work because i live in reality where i know this shit couldnt happen. There's nothing you can do. Period.

7. f.b.f. buying of on supplier won't work as the large fuel company buy a portion from there main supplier, but can also buy a small portion of other suppliers if need be. but yeah i don't believe that them not selling any fuel for one day would make there change the price.... not even after a couple of days as they know people need petrol to get through there daily lives.... cold hard fact!

8. brilliant idea, probably formulated by a cyclist

9. Works for me, at this stage I dont even have a lawnmower.

10. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Damn road leeches! It's the type of simplistic logic they are famous for, right Coco?

Actually, one way to get the price to drop is to consume more, more demand = more supply = more fuel = lower prices. So what I'll be doing that day is filling a 44 gallon drum to the brim, take it home, and have the mother of all bon fires, BYO steak if you want to join me :wink: .

11. BUSY ON THE 22ND, CAN WE MAKE IT THE 23RD INSTEAD?

12. guess everyone will be filling their tanks on the 21st in preparation for the 22nd! :)

13. wheres my fuggen axe :evil:

:LOL:

can we say SPAM? S-P-A-M :roll: in the same class as friendship poems, chain letters and crappy jokes like pvda keeps posting up on fridays :wink: :LOL:

14. Ummmmm why?

15. Haha this would have to be one of the stupider chain emails I've heard of - it wouldn't work in a million years. By the way, if you are going to forward stuff like that make sure you copy and paste the text rather than just forwarding the message - otherwise spammers end up harvesting all the addresses after it's been around to a few hundred/thousand people and adding them to their lists.

16. YAWN

This email has been done to death :roll:

17. not dead enough :roll: :?

18. The biggest problem I see with this, is by delaying the purchase of petrol by one day, you run the risk of it being 10 - 15 cents more expensive the following day.

Funny thing about the rising cost of fuel, a lot of the people who told me I was bloody stupid (at my age) to get back on a bike, are now asking me what is involved in getting a licence, how much is a bike, helmet, etc.

19. someone should tack this email onto the bottom of the one claiming that new stealth speed camera are being installed all over sydney (complete with locations) :?