Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

No CBR600!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Levih, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Hey guys,

So I did my P's test and I passed. No biggie.

The 2nd thing is about me purchasing that CBR600RR.

I have been twisting thoughts around in my head, and decided to get a RVF400 instead.

Ive done a bit of searching on Bikesales, but could not find the type of RVF i was looking for, + i wasnt too sure about a 97 make bike if it would be reliable or what not.

So I've decided to go with the Kawasaki Ninja 650R 2010 Model.

This way I get a brand new bike, which I love. It looks decent and I can get some decent power out of it aswell.

And my apologise to whoever I said otherwise to on my other discussion, you was right!

Anywho, any thoughts on this bike, is it restricted, if So Imma take it out :)

2. There is an RL model which is LAMS listed. If that's what you're after, congratulations on coming to your senses. I mean that in the nicest possible way. :wink:
  3. Sensible but shit man, its the right choice dude. you'll probobly enjoy that bike a hole more anyway.

And they look bitchin too!
  4. Yeah, I was ready to jump onto the 600RR like that, then i realised how hard it would be for me with insurance, rego etc, and even tho i was like "yeah **** it", in the back of my head that unsure feeling was just nagging me.

But yeah i looked on bikesales and the 650R is in the LAMS section, im not sure if they are actually out yet.

Anyone know a release date?

5. Pretty sure they're on sale - check with the sales guy where ever you end up buying it.

Good choice though, you should get plenty back when you resell it in a couple of years.
  6. Im not sure what shop i'd have to go to. Most of the places i know are either Honda\Suzuki or Honda\Yamaha
  7. The learner version of ER6 is news to me.

That's a great new option for restricted riders.

8. BikeBiz Parramatta Road Granville/Parramatta
  9. Good work mate, I reckon you'll be happy with the 650R. I saw one yesterday with an L plate actually, I had no idea about them being learner legal. Just whatever you do make sure it actually says LAMS on the rego label

10. Only problem with the ER6 LAMS models is that they're restricted to the Euro spec of 30HP, or less than a VTR250, not the LAMS limit - not a problem if you're going to bypass the restriction of course.
  11. Now you've done it. :roll: :)
  12. Ooo so excited, get my loan this friday :D