Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ninja 650L replacement handlebars

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Muppet, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Due to my height im wanting to change the factory handlebars on my 2015 Ninja 650L to make my arms more comfortable.

I was wanting to put some clip ons but due to the front fairing i dont think its going to work. At full lock (juts by looking) the bars will be smashing on the front fairing and maybe the fuel tank.

Pics of Fork and Fairing.

Is there anyone here who has fitted clip ons to a 2015 Ninja 650 without any real issue? Other wise im thinking ill have to just get a replacement bar that does not sit as high.

Cheers in advance.
  2. My daughter's boyfriend has the same bike, and I can tell you now clipons are not going to work. Your only option with the bike is going to be lower flatter and straighter bars to be able to clear both the tank and fairing at full lock.

God luck, post up with any results.
  5. Hi I have a 2014 ninja and used sports bars from ninja shop in states only mod was turning over brake bango easy install .Easy to follow instructions look at ninja shop.com
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah thats what i was afraid of.

Cheers for that, was having trouble navigating that site for some reason :-/ think i found the bars u have.
    Think they are a goer.

http://www.motospecialties.com/stor...Handlebars&category=Sport Bars&ItemNum=SB3BLK

Well come payday ill get em and report how they go :)

Cheers for the help guys.
  8. Hi muppet I could send pic,s of my bike but new to this and unable to load them.Lots of trick parts at ninja shop for your bike good service and fast delivery
    • Like Like x 1
  9. yeah they look like a good place. only place iv sort of been able to find that has a wide range of stuff.
  10. Hi Ozzie. I ride a 2012 Ninja 650L. You could always upload a pic of your bike to your profile. :)